ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stolen - MP-2 v1.41 EPROMS  (Read 616 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Stolen - MP-2 v1.41 EPROMS
« on: Time Format »

Hey all, please be on the lookout for my 2 x MP-2 v1.41 EPROMs.  Gregg posted them to me (Palmerston, Canberra, Australia) and some toe rag has been stealing packages from peoples front doors in my suburb (Palmerston).  I confirmed with my neighbours the package was delivered and was at my front door. And some prick has stolen it before I got home.  They are pretty useless to anyone who hasn't got a MP-2.  But the arsehole may try to sell them on-line, what else could they do with them? 

Cheers R
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: Stolen - MP-2 v1.41 EPROMS
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Damn porch pirates!

Sorry about that Richard

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Damn porch pirates!

It seems this is a world-wide nuisance.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Gregg

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

I was sad to hear this but another shipment is on the way to a more secure location for rnolan.

Was hoping porch pirates were just an American thing. Today I learned.

Ironically I use the affordable Pirate Ship to ship stuff. Very good prices for US based folks.

Gregg

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

All in all it was a bit of a wake up call and I hate the feeling of being violated in that way.  Stealing packages has been a thing in Australia for quite a while  :facepalm: but I'd forgotten and become a bit complacent.  Australia Post have set up secure boxes at various (mostly convenient) locations, which are free to use.  Setting it up was a bit involved with ID checks etc. but now that it's in place I can use it when required.

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

We're living in a world full of bastards.
Hope those EPROMs fell to the floor and bounced up their asses.
On the run again!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Hey Max, yeah it sometimes seems like that.  Fortuitously there are still some nice people in the world, although from where I sit doing ICT Security, the internet has turned into a cesspool of really horrible collectives trying to steal everything they can.  I read today that Facechoock Market Place is now 80% scams, far eclipsing Gumtree and evil bay.  But hey it's Friday night here, time for a whisky and not think about that stuff until Monday...

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Hey Max, yeah it sometimes seems like that.  Fortuitously there are still some nice people in the world, although from where I sit doing ICT Security, the internet has turned into a cesspool of really horrible collectives trying to steal everything they can.  I read today that Facechoock Market Place is now 80% scams, far eclipsing Gumtree and evil bay.  But hey it's Friday night here, time for a whisky and not think about that stuff until Monday...

I couldn't agree more!
The world's full of assholes, but the weekend is incoming!  :headbanger:
On the run again!

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Hey Richard,

I don't know if you can get it in Australia, but lately I've been enjoying Old Overholt Straight Rye Whiskey.  Pretty smooth. Cheers!
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Hey Harley, thanks for the tip, I haven't seen it but I'll look out for it  :thumb-up: .  I've toggling Dimple 12, Johnny Walker Black and The Singleton (a single malt), depending what's on special.  They are all around the same price point here.

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Grrr...  I hate this type of thing so much.  >:(     Hope there's a good resolution to this, Richard. 

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

He, Kim, yeah Grrr... kind of wraps it up.  I hope they catch the turd(s) but they probably wont :-(  Upside is I set up a secure mailbox thingy, which is free... And also, Gregg, being the really nice guy he is, is sending me some more EPROMS (huge thanks Gregg  :thumb-up: :wave: ).

Gregg

« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

@rnolan - Hoping the new shipment lands safe and sound soon.  The journey sure takes a long time.  Feel bad that you have an MP-2 down.

In other news, I got both of my brother's MP-2s working well with just recapping, the noise mod, and getting the HV down to 190VDC.  One of them unfortunately seems to have had the CE425 custom chip go bad... unfortunately no signal LEDs were illuminating despite the chip having power, etc.

Gregg

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Hey Gregg, yeah it can take a while for thing to get here I'll let  you know as soon as it does, and I test out my new secure mailbox thingy.  Don't feel bad, the MP-2 that I gave to Mike (which is the one he pulled the EPROM out of and busted a leg) has issues with the ribbon cable connection to the PCB, and he has 2 MP-1s to keep him busy.  I have 4 MP-2s so all good. 

So the LED problem was posted about before (hence your comment I suspect?).  Does the unit still work?  IIRC the post said the unit worked fine you just couldn't see any LED activity, which, while not ideal, you can live with, e.g. I don't look at them when I'm playing but they are handy for trouble shooting and patch gain structure. 

I wonder if anyone has a busted MP-2 they are prepared to part out?  I suspect reverse engineering the CE425 would be prohibitive.  Although that would be useful as there may be more failures over time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up