ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Midi issues  (Read 3109 times)

dannyde

Midi issues
« on: Time Format »

I just bought a MP-1 and hooked it up to my VooDoo Ground control pro and its not working like it should. it jumps all over the place. I tried to set it up one to one and Omni and its all jacked up. any idea what going on?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Midi issues
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

It could be the VooDoo configuration or may be the MP1 midi mapping (program change table).  If the midi program change numbers are being sent appropriately from the VooDoo, and the MP1 goes to different programs, then it probably is the MP1 midi mapping.  You can set the MP1 (via it's midi change table) to go to any patch you want when receiving a midi number (e.g. VooDoo sends prog 7, MP1 goes to prog 112 (or whatever you set it to) etc).  If the previous owner changed the mapping, you just need to put it back to 1:1 mapping.  Setting the MP1 to factory defaults may clear it/default it ??  How to do the mapping in the MP1 is described in detail in the MP1 manual so give that a try.  Also the MP1 goes from 001 to 128, some midi gadgets (e.g. my Quadverb) go from 000 to 127 (so Quadverb 127 = MP1 128) can get a little confusing.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up