ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

EQ before and after the MP-1

<< < (3/3)

trader144:
i use a dual behringer rack eq. one before the input and one after the out (sometimes in loop).

everytime i make big changes to the sound with an eq i ask myself....should i just get the right pickup/electronics/guitar?
every time the answer was yes and it made the difference i needed without sacrificing sound to get a notch.

my tradeoffs:

eq is simple and cheap but you loose quality from your pickups
new electronics is expensive and complicated to match but you increase quality

now i know why people have so many guitars...the best ones have a dedicated sound

Damn-Danny:
Got a Rane  MPE 28 after the 3M Mp1 now
Now I can get lot of different sounds with beter eq.
Mpe 28 is made from design of the ADA MQ.
And boost 3TM in front with a Pro Tone Pedals Gary Holt's  Signature boost .
to create a tight heavy rhytm sound.

Rane Mpe 28 has 28 bands.

Got an Ada mp2 lying around , must be checked etc, in the future

StillClimbing:
I read where a trick back in the day for a killer tone was to use a parametric EQ in front of an amp. I thought I even read on here somewhere someone was doing that

BTW.... donated!

rnolan:
I remember someone posted about a parametric in front, there's a few approaches that have worked for various members.  IIRC RG (and others) like to have a bit of a boost up front as well.  Others e.g. Dante run up specific patches for each guitar, which makes sense as the pickups and guitar tones are all different.  I spose using an EQ can help you decide what way you may want to go with a new/different pickup before you shell out for one.Personally, I was always happy with the MP1 without any additional EQing.  And now with my MP2, it has a 9 band graphic as well as the normal B, M, T and P.  Again I don't fiddle with it much.  In the end it's what works for you and your particular setup.  I try to keep my signal path fairly clean and simple,which works for me  :thumb-up:

Dante:

--- Quote from: kawai2g4b on January 19, 2014, 11:59:22 PM ---Here is the Peavey EQ:

I don't web host my images so here is the attachment

--- End quote ---

I had a Triumph 120 combo....stupid loud. Nice amp though, wish I had the 60w version instead

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version