ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

EQ before and after the MP-1

(1/3) > >>

darralld:
Just wondering who's doing it & what type EQ and settings? Was thinking of picking one up and trying it.

Darrall

jarrodthebobo:
Ah run an eq after my ADA mp-1/BBE sonic Maximizer. Ah typically scoop out about -5db of 500hz and 1khz, cut the sub bass by about -5db, boost 250hz by about 2db, and cut and boost the highs to taste.

You can run an eq in front of an amp however, to push it some more, or get a different response from your guitar/pretty much have any pickup you can buy on tap (not really but, you can get similar sounds of specific pickups if you use the eq right)

rnolan:
Hi Darrall, I just use the eq in the pre-amp (MP2).  Being a sound engineer, EQ is a hotly debated topic.  I have attached a good article for those interested.  But the main thing is "does it sound good" as EQs vary from crap to good, and while it is partly about cost, its not always (how the EQ circuit is designed is paramount).  The EQ in the ADAs sound good and above all, they are analogue.  Digital EQ is getting better but not there yet and I wouldn't use digital EQ in my sound path as I'd loose the analogue signal to its A/D D/A converters.

El Chiguete:
For me it depends on what you want to do:

- EQ before the amp meens that you are basicly affecting the tone of the guitar, a good video showing this is this review of the Source Audio Programmable EQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVNfhBBMFfs

- EQ after the amp is... well adding additional EQ to the sound/tone that comes out of the amp.

kawai2g4b:
I just got this '70s era Peavey 10 band EQ....Its a huge table top unit that I got to pair up with my Peavey Triumph combo.  I ran it after my MP-1 just for kicks and it works marvelously, best of all, it is DEAD quiet...and I would hope so considering the damn thing is bigger than some of my amp heads.  It's too bad that it is a standalone unit.  But then again I got it for the Triumph, and now that amp is all the more versatile for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version