Other ADA Gear > ADA Cabinet Simulaters

My rave review of the Monstercab

(1/3) > >>

DesolationBlvd:
I cannot praise the Monstercab enough - the A/DA Depot mod for the Microcab that adds a dummy load and makes a Microcab 1 able to handle amp level signals.

Of course, it's my practice/recording solution as I do not have a pair of cabinets and microphones. It completes my MP-1 / Quadraverb / Fifty/Fifty setup, complementing the MP-1's sound. For fun, I tried some other amps with the Monstercab. Sounds great with the Marshall SV20H and my modded EHX MIG-50, and I use the MIG-50 for bass. The "Vintage 4x12" setting is my favorite, as I already usually use Greenbacks with the Marshall head. Normally I use my Two Notes Torpedo CAB M and a standalone dummy load for recording the heads, but I'm planning an analog project. All analog sound sources and processing, even using a Portastudio and mastering on cassette. The Torpedo is a digital device, but the Monstercab is analog and therefore usable for my self-imposed challenge. 

Dante:
Pretty cool  :thumb-up:

rnolan:
Great news  :thumb-up: .  All analogue (except the Quadverb but it's mixed into the all analogue chain) is also my fav.  What the cassette (portastudio) lacks in dynamic range, it gives back in warmth.  Although sampling a cassette recently reminded me of the pain/time of having to fast forward/rewind etc. 

Have fun  :headbanger:

Harley Hexxe:
That's an interesting self-imposed challenge. It might be a little more satisfying with an 8-track reel to reel.
I never tried a Portastudio, but I did try a Fostex 4-track cassette recorder many decades ago. I thought they were a bit disappointing though.
I digress. Best of luck with this adventure :thumb-up:

Dante:
In a funny twist of coincidence....I just purchased a tiny Tascam 4 track with the sole intention of retrieving some old material I've long forgotten

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version