Miscellaneous > Rants & Raves

Is Axe effx equivalant

<< < (2/2)

Zilthy:
I think a somewhat important distinction in dialing in a tone with AxeFX, Kemper, Pod, whatever is that you end up dialing in a 'record' tone rather than 'live' tone.  IE: Dialing in the mic/ambience etc in addition to what you hear from a guitar amp.  It ends up having a different quality to it.

Sounds great, but in addition to the different 'feel' that none of the modellers quite have, ends up being a different sound.  Personally, I am okay with it using in ear monitors and like it, but when I try to use something like that through FRFR it never ends up feeling right or satisfying.

Zilthy:
So, I ended up getting an Axe FX III and FC12 a couple of weeks ago.  OMG!

Worth every penny.

Yeah, the amps are great.  No, still not same as tube amp through cab, but *very* good and feel nice to play.  Running it pre-amp only, it's pretty hard to tell the difference when I'm running my actual 5150 III pres in to the power and cab vs using the Axe FX versions, both in sound and feel.

The effects, great also.  Seriously great.  I can actually get a flange out of it that makes me smile and not miss having my ADA flanger in the rack.  I can get that Intellifex 8 voice chorus.  The wah's feel awesome.  Nails the MXR phaser.  So yeah, fx are great.

But what really floors me is the routing capabilities.  Not only the way you can order and route effects blocks, but having 4 ins and 4 outs wherever... this thing is amazing. 

rnolan:
 :whoohoo!: :thumb-up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version