ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boss EQ 200  (Read 3198 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Boss EQ 200
« on: Time Format »

Check this out guys!

It's an awesome pedal I think.  I didn't realise it was f**king huge though!  If you aint impressed by this then..................jeeez I dunno!  I aint buying one of these but this has got to be one of the best EQ's ever made!  It's got everything!

"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Boss EQ 200
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Well it looks like a digital version of the MQ-1  ;)

vansinn

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Todd Rundgren: "I can always rely on my friend, the e-q-li-ze-r"
Looks and sounds interesting, has selectable center-freq and has MIDI.
And as usual, Pete's doing a great job demoing it.
« Last Edit: Time Format by van Sinn »

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Similar to MQ1 in that it's a programmable EQ but I don't think the MQ1 has anywhere near the options.  Like separate EQ for each channel or the selectable center-freq or the ability to run as a front EQ and after EQ at the same time.  That's incredible.

Yes Van, I have caught a few of Peters videos, and he does them very well indeed.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

The MQ-1 is stereo and has 2 separate EQ's but the center freq is fixed.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Didn't know that it had two separate for left and right.  Can't do EQ before preamp and after preamp though  :lol:

Still good though.  Didn't realise it was analogue.  How different from the rane MPE14 is it?

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

You could do EQ before preamp and after preamp if needed.

ADA sold the MQ-1 design to Rane and they used it to make the MPE14, analog it's almost the same, the difference is the digital circuit.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

That's a nice price for this unit. My guess is it just needs a cap job and a new battery.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

That's a nice price for this unit. My guess is it just needs a cap job and a new battery.

Yes that's what I was thinking (about the price)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Are you interested in it Gerry ? If not maybe I'll grab it.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Well I would need to fix it.  Which would cost a bit more money.  And also time.  So realistically I probably shouldn't buy it.  So go ahead man.  I knew you would be interested which is why I posted it up.

Of course it would be nice to have though.
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

The Rane arrived today with more problems than the seller said, but all fixed now  ;D

bunkyloo

• Tones for days with my ADA's !
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

What did you have to do to it? I have one sounds good but needed a battery of course.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Battery, cap job, and it had a strange glitch on both outputs. Also some led's stayed on (40, 160 midi channel and all the DP's of both displays).
In the end it was a short on the front panel, one of the pins of the right display was pushed through the protective fish paper and was shorted to ground.
Works fine now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up