ADA Preamps > MB-1 Patches

Some of my patches

<< < (3/3)

BrokeDownSouth:
Peter,

Sorry, the 'crazy emoji' got copied over from your first post!  Definitely don't think you're crazy.

So late last night I realized what you were doing with the FX loops, I think:

Bascially with loop A jumpered your getting a dry signal mixed in with the effects in loop B?

Peter H. Boer:

--- Quote from: BrokeDownSouth on March 11, 2014, 06:42:49 AM ---Peter,

Sorry, the 'crazy emoji' got copied over from your first post!  Definitely don't think you're crazy.

--- End quote ---

No sweat, even I think (know) that I'm loco  >:D

--- Quote from: BrokeDownSouth on March 11, 2014, 06:42:49 AM ---So late last night I realized what you were doing with the FX loops, I think:

Bascially with loop A jumpered your getting a dry signal mixed in with the effects in loop B?

--- End quote ---
Exactly, it works a dream  8)

Peter  :thumb-up:

BrokeDownSouth:
Awesome, I'm going to try that with my envelope filter tonight.

rnolan:

--- Quote from: rnolan on March 08, 2014, 05:47:37 AM ---Ahh now I understand your loop patch, neet  :thumb-up:

--- End quote ---
exactly  ;)

John Mac:
I read also that looping one effects loop from out to in also removes a click heard when changing effects related patches due to signal level differences from one patch to another. An experienced ear can probably set the effects gains to reduce the click. Not sure if it applies to the mb1 and I don't use effects.

My patches are set up as complimentary sets of three - one set with a hint of chorus, the second with more chorus and each of the three increases in volume

Multiply this with a few banks for the different guitars: Fernandez and schecter use one, Washburn another, fretless (garbage Chinese pups) needs it's own, ministar needs one too (j pup) and my ashbory requires special attention as well. Most of the difference between banks is tonal modification.

All in all, they are relatively simple, using both tube and as. All were set up so I don't have to play with any settings and volume changes are by patch as is some chorus.

I might add too that pretty much all of the bands I have played in have had a single guitar so I have needed to fill out my sound a lot too

My experience is patches are also very dependent upon your amp / speaker setup

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version