Let's Get Technical > Power Amp Tech

MicroTube 200 issues

(1/2) > >>

Dante:
Hi Guys,

I though I was having trouble with my MP-2, or a bad cable, but it turned out to be my MT-200. I was using the bridged mono jacks, practicing at home (thankfully) and the volume would jump up occasionally. Little spurts of extra volume. It was strange. It could also have been that I was playing with it in a 'messed up' state and those volume jumps were the actual normal volume.  :dunno:

Anyway, I switched to using Channel A with a smaller speaker cab and all was well....until now. It seems the cancer has spread to channel A now, and channel B. Shit.

I'm gonna yank it outta my rack today, what should I check first?

Kim:
As it turns out, I too need to do a complete shakedown of my rig for a very similar problem.    :facepalm:

But since you've already narrowed the problem to the MT200, I'd suggest a good cleaning of every pot and jack in it first.   If there are switching type jacks, make sure to clean those switching contacts as well.   Always hit the Easy Stuff first....   :)

Kim:
And then there's this tidbit of info:

My MT200 freaks out

Dante:
I read that already...but I didn't know if what I have is a 'burp'

Kim:
That reference was mostly for the chip replacement info should you require it I guess.   

But last night I just went through and cleaned every single jack, switching contact, and pot in my entire guitar chain (MP-2, Intellifex, Classic 60/60) chasing exactly what you've described.  Success!   No more volumes spikes and no more static.   :whoohoo!:

Again, E.S.F.   Check the Easy Stuff First.   :thumb-up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version