ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45   Go Down

Author Topic: what are you listening to this week?  (Read 237532 times)

vansinn

Re: what are you listening to this week?
« Reply #555 on: Time Format »

I have a problem with direct advertisement for satan..
I hope this won't be a trend in here, or I'm gone.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #556 on: Time Format »

That just happens to be a band I am a big fan off, who believe it or not aren't in the slightest Satanic.  And it's probably just me who is a fan of this band (and may be MJMP of their earlier work) so I wouldn't worry too much.

I have also posted their stuff on this thread a number of times, so you must have missed them before, since I don't recall that reaction to previous posts.

"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

bunkyloo

• Tones for days with my ADA's !
« Reply #557 on: Time Format »

Wow That's a little awkward.  I have been playing  Ratt The Infestation Absolutely great album.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #558 on: Time Format »

I'm not sure if Van means the band or the concept  :dunno: regardless, this thread is for what you are listening to which will always be many and varied, music being the subjective thing it is.  I don't take any of the posts here as an ad.  Moreover, no one has to read the post or listen to the link(s) if they don't want to.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #559 on: Time Format »

I'm not sure if Van means the band or the concept  :dunno: regardless, this thread is for what you are listening to which will always be many and varied, music being the subjective thing it is.  I don't take any of the posts here as an ad.  Moreover, no one has to read the post or listen to the link(s) if they don't want to.

Thanks Richard you are 100% correct.

And yes it's probably more the concept but what does it matter in the context of this thread.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #560 on: Time Format »

No sure if Satan is mentioned on this album or not as it's in Russian, but f++king excellent new album from Russia's Soviet era metal band "First Aid"

bunkyloo

« Reply #561 on: Time Format »

LOL Iron maiden first 2 albums with Paul Dianno great stuff a bit rough but great. I like Dickinson too just a different vibe and not like the original.
« Last Edit: Time Format by bunkyloo »

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #562 on: Time Format »

LOL Iron maiden first 2 albums with Paul Dianno great stuff a bit rough but great. I like Dickinson too just a different vibe and not like the original.

Personally their my favourite maiden albums.  Those two and Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.  My interest in Maiden wanes at that point.  I'm more a Judas Priest nut.

BTW check out Paul Diannos Battlezone.  Best stuff he ever did in my opinion.  Not like Maiden at all and his singing is excellent.

bunkyloo

« Reply #563 on: Time Format »

@ RG That is funny my others are Somewhere in time and seventh as well . fear was ok but that was kinda my exit on them. I will checkout Battlezone for sure was that before his Di Anno Thing.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #564 on: Time Format »

@bunky  I do enjoy some of the other albums, like No Prayer and Piece of Mind but for some reason the interest fades in them.  I'm funny when it comes to bands. 

Battlezone was after "Dianno" and "Gogmagog" although he later did something under the Dianno name later I think as he did with Battlezone in the late 90's but it was truly awful compared with the outstanding Battlezone albums of the 80's.  86 and 87 those albums where from.  Had he continued with that band and not f**ked everything up as usual (if you read his book you see a pattern emerge) he could have actually continued successfully and made a lot of money and had some longevity.  After Battlezone he did "Killers"  and it also has to be noted that their first album is outstanding.  The second, biggest pile of  :poop: :poop: :poop: I have ever heard.  Going from outstanding to absolute  :poop: is pretty exceptional by anyones standards.  Basically he turned Killers into a Pantera copycat band for the second album and it's similar to noises that can be heard from my bathroom from time to time  :lol:  The Battlezone stuff and that one Killers album though are really worth owning and playing a lot!

bunkyloo

« Reply #565 on: Time Format »

@RG Dang that's a whole lot of Paul Di Anno info I will have to check it out and his book as well. Thanks for the update.

btw I was able to bag that rocktron intellipitch :headbanger:
« Last Edit: Time Format by bunkyloo »

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #566 on: Time Format »

@RG Dang that's a whole lot of Paul Di Anno info I will have to check it out and his book as well. Thanks for the update.

btw I was able to bag that rocktron intellipitch :headbanger:

OOps didn't mean to go all encyclopaedic on your ass  :lol:  I only know because I liked his voice so pursued his other stuff and the first thing I got was Battlezone children of Madness and I was very impressed.  I did see him play in Belfast one time and I met him in the mid 2000's.  He was very nice and signed everything for me, but honestly, his book is full of things he should be ashamed off.  I might sell it actually, signed Dianno book.

That means you and I are the only two people on the planet with intellipitchs :) I think it's an awesome unit.  SC said it's made by the same guys who made the software for the Eventide stuff and worth having.  Glad you bagged it, hopefully you like it.
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

bunkyloo

« Reply #567 on: Time Format »

@RG  No problem my friend it was actually informative and thanks for that. As far as the Intellipitch I couldn't believe it came up on reverb. I pulled the trigger at like 275 USD. Its like new with original manual I am happy.   :banana-rock:

vansinn

« Reply #568 on: Time Format »

Decade-long BOC fan here. Always loved the Imaginos album; then recently found this interesting recording, a tape with the original demo recordings, before Sony made decisions about how they wanted the album.
Enjoy ;)

bunkyloo

« Reply #569 on: Time Format »

Nothing like old BOC I don't run into a lot of fans me and my dad are bigtime fans.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 45   Go Up