ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NGD^3  (Read 5488 times)

kawai2g4b

NGD^3
« on: Time Format »

Finally found my holy grail!  The Kawai F1!!!!!  Seriously the most versatile guitar I have ever played (this coming from someone who has owned a Carvin SH225, Aria Pro TS-500, and Ibanez MC-400).  You can assume this is a freaking huge deal for me if my username didn't give the hint!

I plan to use this emoticon sparingly, but this is one such moment:    :banana-trip:
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: NGD^3
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Cool  :thumb-up: although I notice the D string isn't in the middle of its saddle  ;)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

kawai2g4b

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Well, I got this picture from the auction  O:-).  I haven't had a chance to get a pic of it since I unpacked it because my phone does not have a flash on it and I don't have the best lighting at my apt.  That and I need to find where I misplaced my digital camera, lol.  Downloading the auction pics were just more convenient at the moment.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Was being a bit glib, I knew you wouldn't have played it like that.  The PUs look like early Dimazios (showing my age here...)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

How did I miss this post?!?

That guitar is sick. Absolutely disgustingly awesome. Follow up with a post about that onboard EQ too  :metal:

kawai2g4b

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

About the onboard EQ, there is no active EQ on this one.  Here are the controls: Master tone/master volume, preamp on/off and volume, distortion (kinda like a MXR Dist. +), Varitone, coil tap, phase reversal.  I have to e-mail the head of the KawaiGuitars.com website to get the wiring shematic so that I can tell you the signal path.  That being said, using the varitone with the preamp boost almost acts like a normal EQ but in steps.  It can do everything between mellow jazz to brutal thrash with the varitone on high pass with preamp engaged.

And yes, those are vintage DiMarzio Dual Sound Super Distortions. 
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

And yes, those are vintage DiMarzio Dual Sound Super Distortions.
Ahh, I thought I recognised them, bees knees in their day  :thumb-up:

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Love the varitone feature  :thumb-up:

kawai2g4b

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

That Varitone feature really makes this thing work for Jazz, Jam Band work.  I'm surprised more people don't use it but most guitars with it don't have a preamp to make up for lost output from cut filtering.  BC Rich definitely stumbled upon a good solution with their Varitone/Preamp combo in my opinion.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Pages: [1]   Go Up