ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Self Quaranteen Stories  (Read 14347 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: Self Quaranteen Stories
« Reply #75 on: Time Format »

My sister got the low-grade fever, feeling like crap for a day or so, after her second shot. I hear that's common with the Moderna vaccine.

I'm honestly used to wearing the mask now, feels weird when I don't have one on outside or in a public place. No worries there. People who make a big fuss out of it need to grow the hell up. I get weird looks wearing a mask in some rural spots where they simply act like nothing ever happened  :facepalm: but I wear my mask(s) proudly, knowing I'm not passing it along to my elderly dad or my immuno-compromised friends (I have two close friends that need me to be careful).

That said, I'd really like to go to a show again, or play one :/ I have a plan to get a bunch of friends together who have all gotten the vaccine, and fill a bar with them. That would be a great party

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #76 on: Time Format »

I aint got my booster yet, another 7 weeks I think.  Hopefully I don't feel like shit again like the first one.

I personally have no issues wearing a mask either.  I know some people have a bee up their ass as they feel like their freedom is being taken away from them but I really don't know how many names I can call these people that are insulting  :lol:.  In principal I understand what they mean but it's on a such a small level and isn't it supposed to be to help are fellow men and woman?  Even if their is contradictory evidence? And really who is free anyways apart people living in remote parts of the earth.  Everyone is a slave to their government but hey enough of that!

"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #77 on: Time Format »

True enough Gerry!

Still, there will always be those rebellious malcontents who will always take the opposite position when they are told there is something they have to do, or not do.
They don't really have a good reason, they just do it for the sake of argument.
     It's not a nice thing to say, but if people like that get the virus and kick the bucket, I won't feel the least bit sorry for any of them.

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #78 on: Time Format »

True enough Gerry!

Still, there will always be those rebellious malcontents who will always take the opposite position when they are told there is something they have to do, or not do.
They don't really have a good reason, they just do it for the sake of argument.
     It's not a nice thing to say, but if people like that get the virus and kick the bucket, I won't feel the least bit sorry for any of them.

Harley 8)

Yes well naturally I am a rebel (no not the one with the confederate flag  :lol:) so I get this, but then there has to be sense to when you choose to be rebellious or now.  And a global pandemic isn't something I'm gonna mess with.  I'm gonna do what I'm told because I don't want people dying and I respect the situation and advice I'm being given.

As you said though, I personally have no sympathy for anyone who gets it, doesn't make it and it's because they were wreckless or flippant about the whole situation.  Kind pisses me off seeing people not wearing masks in the super market when ever there is a sign outside saying "people without a mask will not be permitted to enter".  Sure some people have medical reasons but there are always some douche bags!!

Anyways I just hope everyone is doing their best and looking after themselves  :thumb-up:

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Chamai

« Reply #79 on: Time Format »

things are pretty stupid here. you got a bunch of people pissed at the government for doing a shitty job controlling the virus. but at the same time, these guys bitch about wearing masks.

on the plus side, since we don't go out much anymore, i bought more gear than i usually do.

stay safe everyone
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #80 on: Time Format »

Where do you live man?

The recently just started relaxing shit where I am, typically I will have no part in it simply because all these idiots go ape shit as the flood gates open and it makes more sense to wait for the rush to end.  I've no intention of going out to bar anytime soon to be honest.  I get my second jab next week as well so that will give me a confidence boost as well.  Still working at home too!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #81 on: Time Format »

I've got a co-worker screaming about not being able to get his shot, yet he won't wear a mask  :facepalm:  I told him just how hypocritical that is.

I got my double shot, over 2 weeks ago, I'm good. HOWEVER, I still wear a mask everywhere, so as not to infect others while I unknowingly carry it on me...

I have an acoustic gig on Saturday (outside).

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #82 on: Time Format »

I've got a co-worker screaming about not being able to get his shot, yet he won't wear a mask  :facepalm:  I told him just how hypocritical that is.

I got my double shot, over 2 weeks ago, I'm good. HOWEVER, I still wear a mask everywhere, so as not to infect others while I unknowingly carry it on me...

What a dumb ass!

Man I will have my 2nd jab on Tuesday but I still gonna wear a mask, Indian varient is already in Ireland now so I mean this shit aint over.  We just getting the guns ready is all.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #83 on: Time Format »

I have a friend like that, almost.  He won't go get the shot, and he won't wear a mask. He has his own automotive repair shop, which I feel puts him at a high risk for the virus. I wear my mask around him if I have to go to his shop, and I don't care for his opinions about it. I don't feel the risk is worth it.

Harley 8)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #84 on: Time Format »

Whelp, my gig last Saturday was a 'fun' show...got moved INDOORS. In a bar (meaning a closed room) in a very full restaurant. Wait staff had masks, but none of the patrons..because...eating/drinking.

It's like nothing ever happened. I was shocked. We have let up a lot of restrictions, but I'm pretty sure what I was part of is not allowed yet. But, it was very full...and a bit unnerving.

I was a distance from the crowd, but really, we're all in the same room. It wouldn't matter how far away I stood.

Gig went well, aside from a bit of singer drama (a bit more than usual, tbh). People were sure ready to see some music, very supportive and singing along. Tip jar was good too, on top of the gig pay.

Glad I'm all shot up

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #85 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante,

Sounds like it went well, all things aside.
           I wouldn't have done it indoors, but then again, I haven't gotten jabbed yet either, so I'm not planning any gigs until I do.
           That's just me.

Harley 8)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #86 on: Time Format »

I watched a boxing match last Saturday at the Dallas Cowboys stadium and corner men had masks on as did referees and yet the whole crowd did not?  I dunno what to make of that.

Anyways I got my final jab yesterday, no side affects this time other than a sore arm.  Which is bearable.  Last time I felt like I had the flu for 24hrs.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #87 on: Time Format »

That's all I got when I received the second shot, a very sore arm. Much more sore than the first time. It was a little itchy at the vaccination site for a few days, not terribly, but yeah.

I expected the worst, so I bought a bunch of soup, gatorade, juice, fruits and veggies...just in case.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #88 on: Time Format »

Which vaccins did you guys get? Over here still nothing

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #89 on: Time Format »

I'm holding out for the Pfizer vaccine. That seems to be the one that most people find tolerable.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up