ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unused MP1  (Read 5028 times)

KrazeeBrit

Unused MP1
« on: Time Format »

Hi guys

Haven't used my MP1 for years but finally got the rack out of the closet. I haven't switched it on but I know the battery will be dead.
Because it's not been used, am I right in thinking that it will probably need a service and maybe replacement electrolytics or are the units a lot hardier than that?

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: Unused MP1
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Welcome to the Depot KrazeeBrit!!

I'm not the one to ask about your question, but I wanted to tell you that you'll only have to enter the spam blocking code for your first 5 posts. Have fun in here, there a lots of knowledgeable folks to steer you in the right direction

Dante

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey KrazeeBrit, welcome to the depot !, my feeling is it will just work.  Ok the battery "may" need replacing coz playing it charges it, but it might be ok still ? Turn it on and leave it for a while (if all is well on start up, this will charge the battery no doubt)
Crank it up and let us know, we''ll help where we can  :thumb-up:
A service is never a bad idea, but turn it on an we can work out if it needs one.. If you've not been playing it, all should be young and fresh...
Cheers R
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Sparker

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

If you get the opportunity change the battery, as the ADA MP-1 lithium's only last about 10 years due to self discharge and they are NOT rechargeable. Do it if you have the lid off and the power  on, then you minimize  loosing your settings during the swap-over.
ADA Gear: MP-1 Tube Board

KrazeeBrit

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Thank you everyone.

I had read that the electrolytic capacitors can leak and be no good if electronic equipment is not used for a long time. Your answers gave me enough bottle to switch it on and it worked fine. Volume pot was a little crackly but it seemed good after turning it a few times. Cranked it up and it sounded beautiful, although all of my personal settings have gone which I expected. I then proceeded to try my JMP-1 too and that also worked lovely. I'm going to try my quadraverb next, then my Marshall 9200. And to think I was so scared to power them up in case they blew up, I bought an eleven rack. Oh well!!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Well, I'm glad there were no fires  :thumb-up:

Now, maybe you could chime in about some comparisons between the ADA and your ElevenRack  (hmmm?)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

They'll probably all work fine.  My Quadreverb is still going and it was an early one... Batteries are a bit tricky for it, I'm still on the original ~25ish years later
Enjoy  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

RobbHell

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Have the Noise Mod and MDRT done do it and you'll see another 30+ yeats of shredding out of that thing. Noise mod and and MDRT and you'll never let it out of your site lol.
Pages: [1]   Go Up