Other ADA Gear > ADA Effects

Should I pull the trigger?

(1/3) > >>

Harley Hexxe:
Hey Gang,

Today, on my way home from work, I stopped in a local music shop and stumbled upon something I didn't expect to see at all.

Near the bottom of one of the three large racks they have to display gear, was a good looking ADA TFX4!

I asked about it and was told it works. The price tag is just under $200.

I've read about these, and heard raves from other users about these, but I'm on the fence about it.

As far as Delay goes, it's range is only up to 200ms, so there's nothing exciting about that. But I've heard these machines produce some of the wildest time-modulated effects which include Flange, Chorus, Doubler, and Leslie type of effects, and it can do Stereo in some of them.

So....I'm putting the question out on the floor for all the fellow ADA fanatics to let me know what you think.
          ( I have more than enough S-1000's, Digitizer's and i Series delays to make up for what the TFX4 doesn't have ).

Should I? ...or Should I let it go?  Nostalgic :crazy:

Harley 8)

Dante:
If not you, then who?

MarshallJMP:
I have one and I like it, it has a great flanger and chorus but it's not stereo. Like you said 200ms is a bit short for a delay. It also sounds a bit darker then the digital counterparts.

Harley Hexxe:
Hey MJMP,

I know it's not stereo, but the manual refers to using both the effect and dry outputs, with certain effects to achieve a wide stereo spread.

So it's darker eh? I wonder how that would work combined with some of the later effects? Kind of a hard way to EQ your rack isn't it? :lol:

Harley 8)

MarshallJMP:
It's an ADA it works perfect with all other ADA racks  ;D

It's a nice unit with all the advantages and disadvantages of an analog unit. One out of two analog 19" units ADA made (I think)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version