• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Main Menu

MP2 user peset question

Started by greenmeanie, May 23, 2024, 04:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenmeanie

I bought a used Mp2 and did the Factory Reset but the user entered presets seem to stay? So I opened it up looked for a reset jumper didn't see any and the battery seems permanent on the board.
Is there a way to bring the user presets to what the Factory shipped it with like on the JMP1?
Also is there a list of the Factory presets? the manual didn't list them and say how many they had when new.
Thanks

rnolan

Hey greenmeanie, so the factory presets are stored on the EPROM and you can load them into user memory (onboard RAM chip maintained by the battery, i.e. battery goes flat, RAM dies user presets are lost).  There are 39 presets with the v1.41 EPROM (you see EPROM version when you turn it on).  If you do a load presets, it loads the 39 into the first 39 user presets IIRC and leaves the rest alone.  The 3rd from last button "compare" selects between preset and user.  If you select preset you are accessing the presets stored on the EPROM.  You can edit these but you have to save the result to a user patch.  So they are always available regardless of what you do in the user banks.  This is described pretty well in the manual.  The presets were never documented so I went through them all and documented them, took some time, I made a table in word and my daughter typed them in as I went through them.  I've posted these before but I've attached them for you.  The word doc is in patch order, the .pdf is sorted in voice order and colour coded to group each voice.

There is no reset jumper, when the battery dies (and they do eventually) you have to solder in a new one (3v lithium) or solder in a vertical battery holder with a CR2032 3v lithium button battery).  You can measure the battery with a multimeter, IIRC when it drops below 2.7v (ish) it will stop working and all in RAM will be lost.  So either save your programs (that you care about) to PC or better, write them down.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few