ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ADA MP-1 for $150  (Read 4621 times)

ADAddicted

ADA MP-1 for $150
« on: Time Format »

Well the battery was dead of course and thats probably why I was able to get it for only $150. But after completing the battery mod I fired it up , did the factory reset and I'll be damned...  IT SOUNDS AWESOME!!! I wheeled out my Mesa 2X12 with V30s and I like what Im hearing. Just fiddling around with settings and its pretty easy to get a good tone right away. My first MP-1 and Im glad to have it.

"Keep SHRED alive"

Chamai

Re: ADA MP-1 for $150
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Looks good man. Are prices going up the mp1s?
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Rusty

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hi ADAddicted, thats a nice bargin you got there and yes they do sound awesome.

Congratulations and may your MP-1 be filled with excellent presets of your own and bring you Joy.   :)

Are prices going up the mp1s?

I think so, they seem to fetching a nice  price these days. Lots of people want's them again, but you'll always find a great bargin on one somewhere as usual, like ADAddicted did.

Rusty.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Rusty »

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Well the battery was dead of course and thats probably why I was able to get it for only $150. But after completing the battery mod I fired it up , did the factory reset and I'll be damned...  IT SOUNDS AWESOME!!! I wheeled out my Mesa 2X12 with V30s and I like what Im hearing. Just fiddling around with settings and its pretty easy to get a good tone right away. My first MP-1 and Im glad to have it.

Good score!   :thumb-up:

Your rack pic reminds me of my very first MP-1.  I was in a local Music-Go-Round store way back then and they had both an ADA MP-1 and a Rocktron Chameleon.  I was walking out of that store with either one or the other, and the salesperson couldn't give me any info about either one, and was not able to really try them out other than making sure they powered up.  I almost just flipped a coin, but then I remembered seeing the ADA ads in Guitar magazines and not seeing any Chameleon ads (that I could remember anyway) so I took the chance and bought the MP-1.   Good thing I did!  lol

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

You got a bargain alright, but the prices of MP'1 are definitely going up.  It's kind of a disgrace in my opinion as generally when bought now they are all in need of a bit of work done to them.

If you buy one now that has mods as well the person seems to charge or the cost of the mods also.  They average about £300-£400 on ebay.  I got mine for in and around £150-£200.  I paid about £300 and something though for my 3TM.

Starting to hate my stock MP1 though now.  I might be looking at adding another MDRT to it like I did to my other stock model.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Nice f**king rig!
Welcome!  :banana-upsidedown:

I had something very close more than 20 years ago, with a Boss GX-700 instead of the Rocktron Chameleon.
Nice stuff.

Today it's getting more complicated... :lol: :lol: :lol:
On the run again!

Iperfungus

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Are prices going up the mp1s?

Insanely.
On the run again!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Yeah the time you could buy an MP-1 on ebay for 50$ is gone  :-[ even other ADA gear is going up.

Iperfungus

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Yeah the time you could buy an MP-1 on ebay for 50$ is gone  :-[ even other ADA gear is going up.

I would add that one could buy for a lot of money a real piece of garbage today.
And I know that because, as I already wrote somewhere here, this happened to me.

I sold that unit to a guy who were looking for something to repair...but I've lost money anyway.
I hope the original seller is still sitting on the toilet with diarrhea and cough.

So, be very careful with people you don't know and cannot 100% trust.
I would buy another unit from guys like MJMP only, eventually (and now he prepares to sell me some trash...  :lol:).
On the run again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up