ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big shout out to MJMP  (Read 9924 times)

Chamai

Re: Big shout out to MJMP
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, very happy to help, IMHO the MP1/2 are the best preamps ever, and they are addictive.  It's great to be part of this forum (and previous incarnations), it's the only one I've ever been involved with, and moreover, glad we can keep Jurries legacy going, I'm sure if he's watching somewhere, he'd be chuffed  :whoohoo!:
Cheers R

I agree, I'm trying to track down a mp2 but I am having some trouble. I wished I knew about this pre amp sooner. As much as I like all tube Marshall's, they are hard to tame even with attenuators. I can get an amazing sound out of my mp1s with bedroom levels. Even my wife said it sounds a lot better than my jcm 900. I have to say, this forum is the best one I've joined. Great people. Will post pics of my setup soon hehe
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, glad to have you here with us  :wave: :thumb-up: What country/voltage MP2 do you need ? I'm an MP2 convert for many years now (trouble is transformer swap in MP2 doesn't seem to be an option (well it is but you'd have to swap existing transformers)), and while I miss the MP1 in some ways, I love the MP2  >:D Looking forward to your pics and regards to your wife (putting up with us isn't an easy path lol)
Cheers R
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Chamai

« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, glad to have you here with us  :wave: :thumb-up: What country/voltage MP2 do you need ? I'm an MP2 convert for many years now (trouble is transformer swap in MP2 doesn't seem to be an option (well it is but you'd have to swap existing transformers)), and while I miss the MP1 in some ways, I love the MP2  >:D Looking forward to your pics and regards to your wife (putting up with us isn't an easy path lol)
Cheers R

I live in Canada so I believe we are 110v here. I'm actually on eBay right now. Seems like there are quite a few Ada rack effects for sale. And I have to admit, the reissue phaser pedal sounds amazing.
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Well hopefully a 110v MP2 turns up for you to buy (US, Japan), if you find one (and they are around), it would be even better with the MXC foot controller and pedals. Put a WTB post in the Gear section here so others will see it.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, DaveMs got a 110v MP2 for sale (http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=710.0), I'd buy it but I need 240v model.

Chamai

« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, DaveMs got a 110v MP2 for sale (http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=710.0), I'd buy it but I need 240v model.

i would love to get one, but im picking up a rivera rockcrusher attenuator first. my jcm 900 needs some love.
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up