Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: NGD  (Read 10973 times)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
NGD
« on: Time Format »

Just picked up a second hand Jackson Kelly KE-2.Amazing guitar,this is my 3th USA jackson,also have a KV-2 (flying V) and a SL-1 (super strat)but the KE-2 is the best,it has a SD TB-4 and a SH-2.I installed 2 push-pull pots so i can coil tap them.This is a really interesting mod to do,sounds really nice for clean sounds.First i was thinking of replacing the SD's with EMG's but i'm gonna stick with the SD's for once  :lol:

Also Hilko (a guitarbuilder from Belgium) is making me a Michael Schenker flying V,the old Gibson model,not the Dean.Mahogany body and neck,ebony fretboard,medium high fretwire,mortise & tenon neck joint,block inlay,dual action trussrod,schaller locking tuners,gotoh 510 tailpiece,SD SH-5 bridge PU and SD SH-1n neck PU with push-pull pots.This all in the famous Schenker black and white color with a nitrocellulose lacquer.
I hope to get it by the end of the month.I'll post some pics as soon as i have it.

El Chiguete

Re: NGD
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

I deffinetly wouldn't mind testing that one out when I go and see you :)
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Just picked up a second hand Jackson Kelly KE-2.Amazing guitar,this is my 3th USA jackson,also have a KV-2 (flying V) and a SL-1 (super strat)but the KE-2 is the best,it has a SD TB-4 and a SH-2.I installed 2 push-pull pots so i can coil tap them.This is a really interesting mod to do,sounds really nice for clean sounds.First i was thinking of replacing the SD's with EMG's but i'm gonna stick with the SD's for once  :lol:
Nice one  :thumb-up:

Also Hilko (a guitarbuilder from Belgium) is making me a Michael Schenker flying V,the old Gibson model,not the Dean.Mahogany body and neck,ebony fretboard,medium high fretwire,mortise & tenon neck joint,block inlay,dual action trussrod,schaller locking tuners,gotoh 510 tailpiece,SD SH-5 bridge PU and SD SH-1n neck PU with push-pull pots.This all in the famous Schenker black and white color with a nitrocellulose lacquer.
I hope to get it by the end of the month.I'll post some pics as soon as i have it.
Weren't the old Gibson Vs made of Korina instead of Mahogany?
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

kawai2g4b

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Depends on the year. A lot of the 70s Vs were mahogany, not sure about Schenker's though.  Nice score on the Kelly! A lot of those recent Jacksons with SDs sound great.  Amazingly versatile.
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Go MJMP, very nice!!! looking forward to the pics of the custom when it comes, sounds awesome  :thumb-up: .  All the Vs I saw from that time were mahogany but then Australia (particularly back then) is a backwater/small market.
BTW, try using the coil tap(s) with my MP2 clean patch I think it might work ??
Cheers R
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Awesome! And, it already has my personal favorite PUs in it  :thumb-up: I have those PUs in several guitars, my goldtop has the push/pull pots for splitting coils too - it does sound great for that 'thin funky guitar' sound

Congrats!!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Yes they do sound good,different from EMG's.And the split coil is a nice extra.

As for the MS guitar,it seems they were not only repainted gibsons but also some Japanese brands (fernandez?)that made him some models.I know edwards (ESP) made some black/white V's.Anyway since i started playing guitar i wanted a MS flying v.So now many years laters i finally found someone that could make me one.Now i did asked the Gibson custom shop to make me one but they asked almost 4000 euro for it which i found insane.For this one i have to pay 1650 euro without the pickups.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

I deffinetly wouldn't mind testing that one out when I go and see you :)

You can test everything i have!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Hey MJMP, have you specified the neck shape ?, I got my Epiphone SG shaved to be V shaped (like the Anderson, much more my preference, I don't like the big shoulders of allot of gibson necks) and also the finger board radius ? (needs to match the bridge you select though unless you can adjust each saddle height), 11" circle is a good radius and what Maton use IIRC.
Very exciting though, the V you've always wanted.. Very much a stand up and play guitar, not so much fun sitting down though.
Another thought, Anderson use stainless steel fret wire made to their specs, I have to say they are the nicest frets under the fingers I've ever touched.

Looking forward to you reactions when it's done  :whoohoo!:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Well just came back from Hilko,so i saw it for the first time.Looks kickass,altough he was going to put onone more coat of white.After that some clear coats,normally it should be ready within 10 days.But i was really amazed how light it is,i think it weights almost a 1kg less then my gibson V,but there's no hardware on it so it will be a bit more heavy.So my first question why is it so light ,and he told me he made the body out of 3 pieces,a mid piece honduras mahogany selected for it's resonance and the 2 wings made from korina wood.The neck is another sort of mahogany wood (can't remember the name).It seems korina isn't as heavy as mahogany so this explains the light weight.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

And some pics with the paint job (no clearcoat).The blue stripe is masking tape btw.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

The way the grains matched on the back was awesome, in some ways a bummer to paint over though it looks really cool  :thumb-up:

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

I agree with Richard - the back looks AWESOME, a pity to paint over.

Looks like the makings of a very nice axe  :thumb-up:

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Very cool axe  :thumb-up:
Better start practicing those 'Into the arena' licks  8)
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Well now you say it looks really nice but i NEED a black and white schenker guitar,it's a mental thing i guess  :lol:

Good thinking Peter,gonna pratice first thing tomorrow  :whoohoo!:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up