ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Brutality Mod  (Read 9029 times)

RobbHell

Brutality Mod
« on: Time Format »

I've working on several MP1's with amazing results. The 3TM I've been trying to get away from but still enjoy the many that I own. I've been trying to.reach an Extreme Gain Mod and have done it. I took a Stock MP1 and did my very best to tailor it with my MESA 2:90. The results are outstanding.I haven't had to do my EQ Mod but with be installing after this weekend. This is the cleanest but yet heaviest sounding Mp1 I have yet. When I kick on my outboard EQ it's Unstopable lol. Pinch harmonic were exactly what I get with my 3TM so I'm very happy about that  I'm ready to grind away with some classic blast beats.

RobbHell

Re: Brutality Mod
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Well I did more Testing last night with some local musicians. These guys know of my work and passion for the MP1 and were more than excited to hear what I have been cooking.  I gave the Distortion Tube setting a run and heads turned Instantly. They have heard me Gig and shared the stage with me when I ran my 3TM. So they know what Ada and a hot rodded ADA sounds like it nothing new to them. After showing off the Dist Tube channel I was so.excited to see people digging I forgot to check okut the Clean Tube channel. Well I.dailed in a patch real quick and Holy Shit!! This is the sickest I've ever heard the Clean Tube sound. Super Thick the crunch was a much better attack and it has the Big Bodied sound. Thick in the ways of Soldano/Orange/Mesa amps. Way more Soldano sounding than Mod 3. Kick up the Treble and Presence 5150 sounds No Problem easy as pie.
To give you a easy example of the thick sound it has  give Corporal Jigsore Quandry of the Necroticism album by Carcass. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oyGnQLBQUU8
Ill try a fire drum tracks on DFH this week and try go post a Carcass and maybe a Jam showing off the Dist Tube Channel. I know people are wanting to hear these MP1 dates and much as I want to showcase them lol. With workand modding for myself or client I just haven't had time to sit down in my studio and track. I will do my best this week to get you guys some sound bites of what I'm working on.

Darth Infernus

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Are you still perfecting this mod or is it ready? If it is ready, what will you be doing with it as far as us having the chance to get acquire the mod schematics?

RobbHell

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

I'm still testing. I still have upgrades to perform to the MP1 that doesnt relate to the tube board. I am working on a refined Mark lll update. I have a bit more testing do to but have to wait for Marshalls approval.

Darth Infernus

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Ok, sounds good. I'll be looking forward to your mod.

RobbHell

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Here is the first test run of my Brutality Mod. I still have refinements I want to do but for the most part its heavy as f*ck. This was recorded with the Clean Tube channel just to show how brutal the preamp sounds now.

RobbHell

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

ADA Mp-1 Brutality Mod- Hush-EQ-Mesa 2:90-Vader Cabinet-Shure Beta 57 into a standard interface. No Eq or compression has been applied

Zobie

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

awesome clip. sounds heavy & solid. can you explain more what's inside?

El Chiguete

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Thats the clean tube channel??? wow!
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

RobbHell

« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Exactly! Lol. The Clean Tube channel has always been a very weak link.to the MP1. Stock its sounds like bad Black Sabbath buzzy distortion. On the 3TM Its some what useable but Not very useable after a Mdrt transformer.  I was very excited to hear the results. Wait till I record clips of the Distortion channel. Oh yea and those are standard JJ's Not High Gain JJ tubes. This is version 1, Version 2 coming soon will have EQ mod and Engl Voicing switch for Complete High Gain Applications. Once version 2 is finished the Triaxis and Engl Special Edition will have a good run for their money lol.
Well I tried all the Adadepot mods and have learned a lot from them. I took my knowledge from all the 3.666 mods and 3TM boards and took the knowledge of what I don't like about mods 1,2,3 and 4 and used that as the grounds to start working. I didnt like 3.666 EQ section mod and further refined the EQ points and other parts I honestly can't really discuss at this point(its not a must have mod but really opens the unit up)  the Engl Voicing switch literally Lifts the Blanket off the MP1 or can be engaged to make an extreme Bass Boost like Engl Powerball offers.

Its going to take me some time to recorded the different mods and features that I added to my 3TMs and the various sounds of the Brutality mod. Please be patient and I will try to have clips updated soon as I'm sure people are curious now to hear a Real clip.
« Last Edit: Time Format by RobbHell »

Zobie

« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

:metal: :metal: i cant wait

RobbHell

« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Before any of the modifications should be considered please restore your MP1 first. Start with the Noise Mod .Marshalljmp  has a great Kits always available and the MDRT is a great replacement compared to the original. Hit me up if your in the States I'm just an email or phone call away and can offer my services and experience.
« Last Edit: Time Format by RobbHell »

El Chiguete

« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Exactly! Lol. The Clean Tube channel has always been a very weak link.to the MP1. Stock its sounds like bad Black Sabbath buzzy distortion.

I use the Clean Tube Channel just for a bit of overdrive ¨american/fender¨ tone or for a clean ¨american/fender¨ tone, not really for any type of distortion sounds, for that I use the Dist Channel.
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

amidsttheblood

« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Sounds sick bro. Really Heavy tone. Robert modded my ADA MP-1 with the 3TM and new tone caps, mid boost etc. and it rips compared to the other gear that I was running. I did a side by side comparison with my modded ADA MP-1 with my Line 6 HD 500, Line 6 Vetta HD as well as a Line 6 Tubetone and it blew them all out of the water. Furthermore the MP-1 gives me a tone comparable to my Peavey 5150 Block Letter and is much cleaner in my opinion. I have been so impressed with my ADA and Roberts work and couldn't be happier with my tone. Thank you again for your help and keep up the good work.

P.S. I am also posting a tone booklet that I found online for the ADA MP-1. I have ran through most of the tones and some are pretty nice. Check it out.

RobbHell

« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Bro so glad to see you joined the Group! Thank you for the kind words it was a pleasure to to mod your MP1. I'm glad your enjoying it as much as I hoped. Welcome to the ADA Brotherhood.

I knew your mind would be blown after comparing to Line6. Now your MP1 can cover just as many Tones and blow them out of the water. I feel a bit sorry for the guys that dished out too much for Axe-Fx.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up