ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: is the MP-1 chorus placed before or after the loop?  (Read 8778 times)

El Chiguete

This has been said before (and I've asked it myself too) but I don't remember.
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

after the loop.

Syntho

So I guess that means if I run some reverb in the loop, the reverb will hit the MP-1's chorus?  :banana-rock:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

@El, hey mate, haven't heard from you in quite a while  :wave:

@Syntho, yes, IMHO the MP-1 loop is not the best place for reverb,  I would prefer to reverb my chorus not chorus my reverb.  The chorus is also where the MP-1 becomes stereo (well pseudo stereo)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member

I've always placed my Reverb unit, between the preamp output and the power amp, since all of mine are stereo, and all of the preamps have stereo outputs.

I don't use them in the loop in general.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Syntho

The problem with me putting it after the MP-1 is that it'll be on constantly. With the loop, I can make patches that have the loop on and off and can switch it with the press of my MC-1. If I had a more advanced midi patcher thing then maybe I'd run it like that.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member

Your reverb unit has a bypass, doesn't it?

Syntho

Who wants to reach over and turn it on/off all the time?  :)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member

The bypass on those can't be programmed into the MIDI controller? I didn't know that, but I've never had a QV.

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t

Yeah you can't midi control the bypass on a qv or alot of other multi fx for that matter, however I used to use a boss latching pedal to bypass it. Also had a boss momentary pedal for my tap tempo. :thumb-up:
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member

You know, it's been a long time since I had to deal with that, that I almost forgot about the Digitech DSP-128 I used to have. It also didn't have a MIDI controllable bypass.
    What I ended up doing was to create a blank preset with absolutely no effect at all, and saving that as my bypass patch.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

I use a basic program of light stereo delay and chamber reverb for every patch (but it could be a blank patch instead) and then specific QV patches if/when needed, also sometimes just make a copy of the MP-1/2 patch but assign it a different Fx patch (eg include flange etc).  I use the midi mapping in the QV so multiple MP-1/2 patches use the same QV patch (just have to watch out for the slight numbering difference as QV goes 000 - 127 and MP-1/2 goes 001 - 128, so QV 127 = MP-1 128).  I set up a bank of 10 MP-1/2 patches, so a couple of cleans, a few crunch/rhythms, a few lead and vary the Fx patches to suit.

Syntho

Slightly off topic, but is there some sort of midi patcher hardware system that's good? I could program a patch on it so that when I hit the 1, 2, 3 switches etc with my foot, it'll send program change messages to both the MP-1 and to the QV. That way I could have a different effect for each patch, all without having to reach for my QV at all.

Wait, now that I think of it, can't I just use the 'thru' port on the back of the MP-1 and feed that to the QV? I think that's what you were trying to explain in the first place but I didn't understand  ;D
« Last Edit: Time Format by Syntho »

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t

Yes, there are alot of midi switchers that will do just that. I use a voodo lab ground control pro, but there are all kinds with varying pricing. Berhinger, ADA, Rocktron just to name a few. You could pick up a used one fairly cheap.
Midi controller out to mp1 midi in
MP1 midi thru/out to qv midi in.
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Syntho, you can do what you want/need with the MC-1 as I said just what out for the numbering difference (MP-1/MC-1 001 = QV 000 etc).  You can feed the midi patch changes to the QV via MP-1 midi through (just passes the MC-1 patch change message on), the MP-1 midi out will also work but it gets its patch number from what the MP-1 is set to. So if you press a front change button rather than the pedal to change a patch or if the MP-1 midi mapping has been modified from 1-1 mapping.  The MP-1 also has a "panel" mode I think  :dunno: , I know MP-2 does, so if you use the front buttons to change patches the patch changes are fed to the midi through as well (so your Fx change as well).

So you easily set up a different effect for each patch (or the same effect by either copying it to a new patch or use the QV midi mapping (as I do)).
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up