ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 11961 times)

RandallRG

Hey Dudes whats going on? Hope everyone is doing good. I have a Mod 4-MKII Modded MP-1 & that thing is Awesome! I get some great Tone/Sound from it for sure. Being the M-E-T-A-L HEAD that I am I was interested in the Recto Mod & saw some videos on it & thought it sounded pretty Killer. Well I just got a 3.666 Recto Mod from another Member here & let me try & put this in words that I can describe......HOLY SHIT THIS UNIT IS FREAKING KILLER!!!  :metal: I AM IN M-E-T-A-L HEAVEN! :banana-trip: LOL! THIS MOD S-C-R-E-A-M-S! I got the unit looked up the Schematic on the mod & adjusted the Pots Etc like it says to do & O.M.G.! All I can say is if anyone is into 80's M-E-T-A-L Etc like I am & you have a chance to get one of these DO IT! Some say it sounds very close to a Recto & some say it does not. Me...I like the Mod & the Sound I am getting from it so far so for right now All is good! Thanks again
« Last Edit: Time Format by RandallRG »

El Chiguete

Can you give examples of the tones you are getting with the tone of bands albums and songs?
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Go Steve  :thumb-up: you're becoming (have ebcome) a true ADA convert  >:D glad it's working so well for you, many years of fun to come...
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

RandallRG

Go Steve  :thumb-up: you're becoming (have ebcome) a true ADA convert  >:D glad it's working so well for you, many years of fun to come...
Thanks Rich...I am trying Buddy! So far the 3.666 Mod is working out very good. The more I mess & "Tweak" it the better it sounds!  :thumb-up:
***El Chiguete...I will post some examples as soon as I can Brother...Thanks! \m/***

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

I had my old MP1 at home for a few days recently (so I could run the test using it into the MP2 loop returns to just pick up just the cabinet sims, worked like a treat BTW).  My friend (the now owner) has left my old stage patches in it which I hadn't heard for many years as I went to the MP2 as soon as they came out here.  The MP2 has lots more gain it seems and I've got used to it (again over many years), what I found really interesting, is that even though there is lots of gain in a stock MP1, I now understand why you'd add another tube to get some more i.e. 3TM etc.
Have you run it in stereo yet ?  (can't wait till you do and report.... >:D )
Cheers Richard

RandallRG

Hey Rich how are you doing Buddy? Hope all is well my Friend. I have not tried running it in Stereo yet & I know when I do how KILLER it will sound! Especially on a Clean Patch with the Chorus!  :thumb-up: I sold one of my other Randall Heads so I have to wait until I get my other Head back to try it all out. All I can say is for now with the gear I have (Still using my RG100ES Head...No Power Amp yet) & it is sounding very good. The D4 really ads some Awesome Delay! Oh before I forget remember in one of my other Threads when you told me to try & run my MP-1 in the FX Return on my RG100ES Head & it wouldn't work? You checked the Schematic on the Randall (something about the Pre-Amp in it?) Well the problem was not my Randall but one of my "Outputs" on the MP-1 was not working correctly. I have been using it through the FX Return & it sounds great! Different than running it through the Front "Input" I guess it doesn't "Color" it so much? Thanks again Rich! Take it easy Buddy... :metal:

El Chiguete

Thanks Rich...I am trying Buddy! So far the 3.666 Mod is working out very good. The more I mess & "Tweak" it the better it sounds!  :thumb-up:
***El Chiguete...I will post some examples as soon as I can Brother...Thanks! \m/***

Well I don't need sound files or videos, just a reference to know how it sounds... but a video would be awesome too!  :metal:
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

RandallRG

Well I don't need sound files or videos, just a reference to know how it sounds... but a video would be awesome too!  :metal:
Yeah NO problem Bro! I was just going to post up something of how it sounds etc. As soon as I get my camera back I will. Hey your on the Kramer Forum to...right? Thought I saw your name over there...or your Avatar?  :dunno: Take it easy... :metal:

Batsinthebelltower

Hey Randall , finally got your new toy then lol :D Nice one , glad youre having fun with the ada tone !  :banana-guitar: Lookin forward to seeing this video or some audio clips !  :banana-rock:

RandallRG

Hey Randall , finally got your new toy then lol :D Nice one , glad youre having fun with the ada tone !  :banana-guitar: Lookin forward to seeing this video or some audio clips !  :banana-rock:
Working on it Brother Bats! See Dude since you won't tell me your name & say that you go by "Many"  :dunno: Don't know what to call you my Friend? LOL!  ;D

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: 3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Hey Rich how are you doing Buddy? Hope all is well my Friend. I have not tried running it in Stereo yet & I know when I do how KILLER it will sound! Especially on a Clean Patch with the Chorus!  :thumb-up: I sold one of my other Randall Heads so I have to wait until I get my other Head back to try it all out. All I can say is for now with the gear I have (Still using my RG100ES Head...No Power Amp yet) & it is sounding very good. The D4 really ads some Awesome Delay! Oh before I forget remember in one of my other Threads when you told me to try & run my MP-1 in the FX Return on my RG100ES Head & it wouldn't work? You checked the Schematic on the Randall (something about the Pre-Amp in it?) Well the problem was not my Randall but one of my "Outputs" on the MP-1 was not working correctly. I have been using it through the FX Return & it sounds great! Different than running it through the Front "Input" I guess it doesn't "Color" it so much? Thanks again Rich! Take it easy Buddy... :metal:
Hey Steve, ahhh that's why it didn't work, I was confused why it wouldn't  :dunno: .  A good clean power amp is the go, ADA B200s goes really well and was designed for these units, Actually, Dante has gone IEM and now has a few excess power amps which he's deliberating on what to do with, maybe grab one from him, he's very good to deal with  :thumb-up:

RandallRG

« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Hey Steve, ahhh that's why it didn't work, I was confused why it wouldn't  :dunno: .  A good clean power amp is the go, ADA B200s goes really well and was designed for these units, Actually, Dante has gone IEM and now has a few excess power amps which he's deliberating on what to do with, maybe grab one from him, he's very good to deal with  :thumb-up:
[/quote]
Yeah Rich when the time comes & I can get some $$$ & go with a Power Amp I have been checking out the Microtube 200 Etc. Like I said to me with my RG100ES it's pretty Wicked sounding & my Randall has some Serious B-A-L-L-S to it so Power is not a issue at all! (LOL) I just wonder how different my MP-1 will sound with the P/Amp? I know running it with a Head it may tend to "Color" the sound a bit but that's running it through the Front....not the FX Return. Either way we shall see but this 3.666 Recto Mod is Saweeet!! I Just wish I can turn it up more in my House but my Randall on "2" will just about Rattle the windows in my living room!  :banana-rock:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

My guess is it will sound a bit better and less coloured with separate power amp (depending on the amp of course) even than using the Randall FX rtn, depends on how clean/transparent the Randall's power amp stage is.  $s are always an issue though I know.

RandallRG

« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

My guess is it will sound a bit better and less coloured with separate power amp (depending on the amp of course) even than using the Randall FX rtn, depends on how clean/transparent the Randall's power amp stage is.  $s are always an issue though I know.
Yeah Rich you have said a Power Amp would sound better...Tell ya what the Randall is doing a pretty good job on it's own @ the moment & I can say with the Chorus on the Clean Channel it sounds Amazing!! Depth @ 100 & the Rate @ 1.0-2.8...Man what a Killer Sound!  :banana-rock: Hey if you can check out the last post I put on my Power Supply Thread...Thanks! 

RandallRG

« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Well here's a quick Video I just did with a very old crappy "Flip" I found. Unfortunately the Video is pretty "Hazy" looking & the Audio is for SHIT (LOL) but it is what it is. All I can say is the Recto Mod sounds Killer from where I am sitting. I *F-ING* Love it! I started off with the Clean & some Chorus...The Chorus in the MP-1's are K-I-L-L-E-R! It has a real nice Sound/Tone to it. All the info with what gear was used is listed. Anyway Thanks Dudes! Take it easy.....Steve  :metal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NHAA9sKvTk
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up