ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble with Wall Warts  (Read 8835 times)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Trouble with Wall Warts
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

It's not so hard to make, if you want I could help you out.

gb

« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

It's not so hard to make, if you want I could help you out.

Ohhh yes please.. how much patience do you have? Maybe a list of parts first for say 4 9vac and then 1 16vac.. id need 9vac upto 1amp and the 16vac is 1.5amp.

I was looking at the voodoolabs pedal powe AC.. but doesnt have 16vac

Edit.. my rack wah says 24v AC 170ma but the wall wart is 16vac 1.5amp and works.. so not sure which it is..

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

What rack wah do you have? Is it the dunlop?

gb

« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

What rack wah do you have? Is it the dunlop?

Yes the first version dcr1 .. it has a strange din power plug but its only using 2 pins for power (after market wall wart). Im not sure why there is all the other pins for power?

Edit.. i read the power supply that comes with the wah is 20VAC even though it says 24VAC on the back of the Wah.. .. it seems you can xombine 2 x12vac ports on a voodoolabs power AC to work for it... but they are expensive. . Curious to see if i can make it for less than$$250aud that the voodoo labs sells for.
« Last Edit: Time Format by gb »

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

Yeah you can make it for a lot less then 250$

You just need a small 19" rack, a few toroid transformers, an IEC connector, some fuse holders and a few small dc jacks.

I have 3 toroids in mine (for the housing I used an old Behringer patchbay 19" rack I had lying around).Two toroids with 2 x 9Vac and 1 with 2 x 12Vac, this way you have 4 independent 9Vac outs and one 24Vac (put the 2 x 12Vac in series to get 24Vac).

I have the second version the DCR2 and mine works on 24Vac and it also has the standard 2.5 dc jack.

I think the DCR1 uses a 180° 5 pin din jack (which is the same as a midi plug). Correct me if I'm wrong.

gb

« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

Yeah you can make it for a lot less then 250$

You just need a small 19" rack, a few toroid transformers, an IEC connector, some fuse holders and a few small dc jacks.

I have 3 toroids in mine (for the housing I used an old Behringer patchbay 19" rack I had lying around).Two toroids with 2 x 9Vac and 1 with 2 x 12Vac, this way you have 4 independent 9Vac outs and one 24Vac (put the 2 x 12Vac in series to get 24Vac).

I have the second version the DCR2 and mine works on 24Vac and it also has the standard 2.5 dc jack.

I think the DCR1 uses a 180° 5 pin din jack (which is the same as a midi plug). Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ohh cool well happy to put it in a hobby box from electronucs store and just rack it at the back.

Yes the dcr1 has a 5pin midi type connector. The guy i bought the unit from had a random 16vac 1.5amp wall wart with only 2 pins or wires being used gnd and + .. which is interesting as to why there are 5 pins. Ill open it up to see if they go anywhere.. but happy to keep that stock and just create a cable with 1 end midi atyle and ither end 2.5mm .. ok so where do i nees to start? Isnt there resistors and capacitors and all that stuff? Lol. Ill start investigating prices on the parts you mentioned.

Edit.. this guy mounted it inside his furman by the looks

http://www.voodoolab.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7258&view=previous
« Last Edit: Time Format by gb »

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

Where do you buy your electronics stuff, I can have a look and send you some links of what to buy.

No resistors or caps or any any electronic stuff needed!!!

Depends which Furmann maybe an older model, they had a lot of room inside, the new models, don't think so.

gb

« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

Where do you buy your electronics stuff, I can have a look and send you some links of what to buy.

No resistors or caps or any any electronic stuff needed!!!

Depends which Furmann maybe an older model, they had a lot of room inside, the new models, don't think so.

Ok cool thanks!! .. locally its jaycar.com.au or https://au.rs-online.com/mobile/
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up