ADA Depot Too - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My MP1 is here! And a couple questions on EPROMS and MIDI  (Read 1070 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bloodspoint

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile

Thanks!
As reported in another thread, I found an Intellifex, and that with the MP1 seems like a perfect match.

I'll be upgrading to a 2.01 EPROM soon, so I'll write down the patches I want to keep, before they get blitzed.
Logged

Harley Hexxe

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1169
    • View Profile

Good idea :thumb-up:
Logged
Cool is a rule, and Creativity is KING!

bloodspoint

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile

w00t! Successfully upgraded my EPROM from 1.38 to 2.01. Now I need to find a MIDI dump that works on Mac. I do IT for a living, and guitar and recording for fun now (used to do it for money, but there's no money in it, except what I was spending). The point of all that is I have an audio I/O unit that has, among other things, MIDI in/out, so I just need to find a utility app to save and load the patches.

Anyway, the 2.01 EPROM arrived today, so I popped the MP-1 out of the rack, and opened it up. Super clean on the inside. I knew it had a repair done by the guy I got it from to the input jack, so perhaps they cleaned it up then. I had also order the holder and replacement batteries for it from Mouser (thanks, whoever posted that info!), so while I was in there, I checked the battery. It was 2.9V and some change, and did not look like the originals. I figure it must have been replaced at some point. I was torn between replacing and leaving it, but the scientist in me told me not to mess with it, so if for some reason the unit had weird errors or didn't come back up after the chip swap, I wouldn't have to wonder if it was the battery thing.

I took some pics of the inside while I had the cover off. Tubes have yellow markings. Didn't pull them to see what they said.
The original EPROM seemed stuck in the socket, then popped out suddenly. The new one had a wider leg spread than the original, so I had to carefully tweak them in a little. Once I did that, and positioned it very carefully, I was able to seesaw it into the socket.

I fired it back up, and watched the lights do their dance, and the 2.01 flash by, then Err3. Uh oh. Then, it showed patch 1. Just for fun, I turned it back off and on, and it didn't do the err3 thing again, so I'm going to assume it was related to the EPROM change. 
Plugged it back into the amp, and it sounds glorious.

Okay, off on a Mac sysex utility hunt.
Logged

vmaxvmax

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile

Maybe a little late now but I use: https://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/

Easy to use.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up