ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some Slayer 3TM  (Read 6220 times)

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
Some Slayer 3TM
« on: Time Format »

Found this buried somewhere in my archives.  lol

One of my old bands, getting our Slayer on.  IIRC I was using the 3TM MP-1 here...in which case you should also know that I only used Tube Clean for the distortion stuff with that preamp.  :thumb-up:  I'm second guitar to come in at the beginning, and the solo is all me...switching pickup positions back and forth between neck pup and bridge pup.

Again, please enjoy responsibly.  The pit circles anti-clockwise.   :lol:
EDIT:  Lost that file.  :(
« Last Edit: Time Format by Kim »

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: Some Slayer 3TM
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Found this buried somewhere in my archives.  lol

One of my old bands, getting our Slayer on.  IIRC I was using the 3TM MP-1 here...in which case you should also know that I only used Tube Clean for the distortion stuff with that preamp.  :thumb-up:  I'm second guitar to come in at the beginning, and the solo is all me...switching pickup positions back and forth between neck pup and bridge pup.

Again, please enjoy responsibly.  The pit circles anti-clockwise.   :lol:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftxpfocvb549c64/Dead%20SKin%20Mask.wav?dl=0

Listening to this now.

You mean you used the bastardised clean channel (which is no longer clean on 3TM) for your distortion?  Holy smokes!

No way, crazy man.  I have no use for that channel or the "brown" sound channel.  Just sounds like uncontrollable noise when I use the brown channel.

So far nice playing, thankfully your solo is louder than those god dam cymbals!  Takes me about 2 hours before I can play anywhere near that speed man!  Good job Kim

That's not actually a cover is it?  Forgive for not knowing, never got into Slayer really, more a Venom fan  :thumb-up:

That's great playing though man, you retire the 3tm?

edit:  I'm playing a festival with both Venom and Slayer playing it actually.  Of course I'm not going to be on their stage but I'm still pretty big stage in a f**king huge tent!  Weather is meant to be good also so should be some sweat worked up for the half hour we get out of 120 bands over 4 days!  Twisted Sister also!
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Kim

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Thanks, man.   8)

I got rid of the 3TM back then when I needed to downsize my rack.....it didn't have a Gate so that was another rack space used up. 

Yes this was a cover, one of many Slayer covers we did back then.  My band now only does 2 covers one of which happens to be a Venom tune.  :thumb-up:
I don't remember why the cymbals were so loud here, they didn't seem that loud back then, but then again this audio was lifted from a vidcam in the back of the hall we played.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

You cover  a Venom song?  Which one?

I saw them on Friday along with Twisted Sister.  It was excellent.  Sound was not great, was ok not fantastic though.  I saw Anthrax on Sunday and their sound was better, however I was told the left side of the stage sound was better, and that's where I was for Thrax as opposed to the right side for Sister and Venom.  The sound for Slayer was ok but Kerry Kings solos could not be heard and a few other little things like Tom Araya forgetting the entire lyrics for songs lol  That made me feel better for trashing one of our tunes 2nd song into the set!
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Kim

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

^ PM sent.    :banana-rock:
Pages: [1]   Go Up