ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP-1 Classic Error Codes  (Read 6255 times)

DorsetRatt

MP-1 Classic Error Codes
« on: Time Format »

Hi All,

The postman delivered another MP-1 Classic to me today ... I wasn't expecting too much as I figured the unit would need a little TLC. First impression ... a nice clean preamp.

When powering up it cycles through the error codes from b1 to b128. Every single preset had been set to SolidState voicing, so I did a "Load All Presets". This appeared to work correctly. I programmed in my normal distortion tone and saved it as preset 01. I then powered the unit down and then restarted it ... again it cycled through the same error codes and all the presets had been set to SolidState again.

The manual refers to corrupt memory locations ... and to contact ADA Customer Service  :)

Only a guess ... but is there a dodgy chip that needs replacing?
Preamps: MP-1, MP-1 Classic, MP-2, Soldano SP-77, Piranha
Guitars: Sutch Siran Headless, Palm Bay Tidalwave, ESP M-1, Gibson Flying V

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: MP-1 Classic Error Codes
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

You need to replace the coincell battery inside.This powers the RAM memory when the classic is shut off.When it starts up it will see the RAM is empty and starts the B1-B128 cycle.So replace it and you'll be fine,that is the classic will be fien  8)

DorsetRatt

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Thanks MJMP ... I remember you saying the battery in previous MP-1 Classic was getting a bit tired too, I may as well get them both done now  :)
Preamps: MP-1, MP-1 Classic, MP-2, Soldano SP-77, Piranha
Guitars: Sutch Siran Headless, Palm Bay Tidalwave, ESP M-1, Gibson Flying V

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Yep they are a bit hard to find.Anyway you can check the voltage of the battery just to make sure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up