ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3TM Demos (Rabid Bitch of the North - Demos)  (Read 23382 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: 3TM Demos (Rabid Bitch of the North - Demos)
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

WHO IS THIS REBEL FROM THE NORTH
Hey Batts, well to me he's our good friend from Ireland  :wave: :thumb-up: and pretty bloody handy with all things guitar LoL  >:D

I guess it's more of a Winterfell and Iron Islands thingy...... :wave:  :lol: :lol:

I don't get it (if it's really obvious please don't think I'm stupid   :facepalm:    :lol:)

WHO IS THIS REBEL FROM THE NORTH

I am Sir Rebel of Rebelot from Rebelyell Tennessee!  No just Ireland, the North of Ireland.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rickeb1

« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Hey, since I'm on a tube quest right now for my 3TM, I may as well ask!  What tubes do you use in your 3TM?  Also, would you mind sharing the settings you used?

Thanks very much!

~ Rick

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Hey Rick, there's a bunch of 3TM patches in this thread (http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=1109.60), as a place to start.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Me too RG, I'm in the North of Ireland  ;D
Hey man where abouts?

good to see another Irish fella on here :)

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

Hey, since I'm on a tube quest right now for my 3TM, I may as well ask!  What tubes do you use in your 3TM?  Also, would you mind sharing the settings you used?

Thanks very much!

~ Rick

Hey rick I'll send you then settings completely when I get a chance.  The initial patch was this I think  but I'll check and give a run down when I get back from playing a show tonight.

OD1 OD2 master Bass mid treble presence
6.0   7.0      5.5     9    -2    -2        6           Dist tube
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

och not that far away at all, not compared to some of these guys :)

Funny my mates slag me, Gerry/London Gerry!!  Just to cover all bases!!

You been using an MP1 long?  I nearly took mine to Dublin last Friday for a gig but I didn't wanna risk it, not when haven't cracked it with my live rig as of yet.

We have never played Derry you know.  One place in Ireland we haven't played.  Any where for metal bands to play up there?  Nearly played it once but it fell through for some reason.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

Hey nice to find some locals  :thumb-up: And Rusty, a few MP1s and 3TM  :whoohoo!: .
Hey RG, IMO run your MP1 rig (set for live rig (ish)) at next rehearsal, then use it live  :thumb-up: , keep your normal rig ready to go so you don't stress LoL, they are sooo good live, that's what they were built for, man I wouldn't want to go on stage without my ADA rig.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

aww nice one Rusty!!  Shit there was me thinking I was unique over here having an MP1!!

I have a stock one and a 3tm.  I was originally going to buy the parts for a 3tm and install myself like you have done (I think right?)  but one came up a last January and I figured f*ck it!!  So I bought it!  In the process I made a very good contact for getting our merch done!!  Razamataz tshirts who do many of the big names in fact I own some of their Merch (venom tshirts spring to mind!)

Anyways I'll pm you details about our band.  We don't go looking for gigs anymore because......without being big headed they gigs come to us now :)  and our manager arranges any tour etc.

PMing you soon

Richard,  I have been playing with my stock MP1 with my live setup for a while now.  Just can't crack it yet.  I need more time.  Rehearsal isn't the place because we're normally on a schedule to finish a few sets in a few hours know what I mean?  So I can only tinker so much.  I need to go over by myself when I have the time and play with MP1 for a few hours.  I've a few sounds that are ok but I'm working on combining it with a boost I need for the "extra layer" I was talking about on another thread.

I need that extra layer to thicken the tone.  Right now it's too open for my needs.

As for the current live setup of GT5 and power amps and cabs.  Well I've never had such a high rate of compliments about my tone.  I had a few guys from a german band last Friday ask me where the tubes where! hahahahahaha I laughed and told them it was all the pedal.  Anyways they loved it.  But I want to get the MP1 as the main pre amp and have the boss preamps say only 45% of the time.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, it's an interesting journey  :wave: . Mike was talking about the front boost (extra layer) last night. He's looking to try something in front (based partly on your comments). IIRC the main tweaking I ended up doing at rehearsal was more about getting the master vol settings right so I could solo over the other guitar (not as big an issue for you). These days I use the MXC CC pedal to control master vol on the MP2 and tend to use the same patch for 95% of the time. With the MP1 I had to get the volume changes right in each patch.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, it's an interesting journey  :wave: . Mike was talking about the front boost (extra layer) last night. He's looking to try something in front (based partly on your comments). IIRC the main tweaking I ended up doing at rehearsal was more about getting the master vol settings right so I could solo over the other guitar (not as big an issue for you). These days I use the MXC CC pedal to control master vol on the MP2 and tend to use the same patch for 95% of the time. With the MP1 I had to get the volume changes right in each patch.

Hey Richard,  I'll actually do a demo clip of "the extra layer"  To demonstrate my point with lots of gain right!  Lots of gain, but then I'll dial it back a good bit till it's lighter gain, but then I'll throw in the boost for the extra layer  :)

It's something I used to do back in the day before I understood anything, an basically I achieved the same sort of thing with a wha in stuck position of choice.  That also added the thickness I was after.

As for Mike, well the only thing I can say is, if you throw a clean boost infront you can get the extra gain sure and sounds more like the original sound.  However throw a drive pedal in there and keep the setting basically on zero apart from the level you get thick as shit "extra level".  Now there are a million pedals out there that can do it and of course each is going to have its own little unique flavour.  Two ways I enjoy doing the boost (stock MP1 only) is through an EQ pedal set with a boost in the hi mids (basically like a trebel boost pedal which is  actually hi mids - common guitar player folklore to call it a trebel boost) or else an overdrive pedal.

Basically I use the boSS gt5s analogue drive section and pick the vintage overdrive option for mine.  Or the EQ module and set a boost from about 1k or where ever sounds nice and then turn the output volume up to suit the amount of gain I want to generate.  9 outta 10 times I just use the vintage overdrive set at zero and output level set at 50 (halfway).

I've heard of many using a tube screamer and MXR over drives to act as their boost for the MP1.

As for master volume.  I have no issues setting levels, trained myself early on to work at that kinda thing. to match patches levels.  Then use the output knob to match to the levels say with patches on the MFX so hey had the same output and then I could switch between either.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

Thanks very much!

~ Rick

Hey Rick the patch I used was:

od1 od2  Master  Bass  Mid Trebel  Presence
 6    7        8        9     -2    -2         6

Rusty

« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

Excellent stuff RG, that sounds really good, do send me your band info n' stuff. I would definitely like to come along to one of your gigs as I have been away out of the gig scene for so long. Sounds like you are a busy guy and got some great things happening man, fair play to you, speak soon,  :thumb-up:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #27 on: Time Format »

Excellent stuff RG, that sounds really good, do send me your band info n' stuff. I would definitely like to come along to one of your gigs as I have been away out of the gig scene for so long. Sounds like you are a busy guy and got some great things happening man, fair play to you, speak soon,  :thumb-up:

sent you a pm man.  I still think its mad there are two of us on here from NI.  I don't know any bands on the scene at the moment playing rack gear let alone MP1.  Most bands I play with have a head of sorts or a combo amps.

Rusty

« Reply #28 on: Time Format »

Recieved it RG and PMed you back, I agree, the only two people in NI at the moment with ADA racks. I know for sure though that there were others back in the 90's that used them in here Ireland but they were a very very limited few.

I can recall back in the early 90's that I put mine in the Belfast Tele for sale but only one person called about it, he was the guitar player from punk Belfast band SLF. I never sold it and took it with me to NYC.   :)  It had the USA transformer. I bought it in 89, when I lived in London from a friend who had returned from the USA and I used a stepdown transformer when I used it in the UK which I still have too,  :)   Thanks to MJMP I now have the MDRT driving it.

(addition)

« Last Edit: Time Format by Rusty »

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #29 on: Time Format »

MP1 would have been wasted in a punk band!!  lOL  Glad you kept it!  As it's brought you here!!

I use my stock mp1 with a stepdown transformer, works fine !  3TM has MDRT in it though :)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up