ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Very first MP-1 is on it's way to me!  (Read 11136 times)

Crabs

Re: Very first MP-1 is on it's way to me!
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

To be honest I don't know what I'll team with what.................... I have way more preamps than power amps..........

First thought (before I had the MP-1) was to pair the Hafler T3 into the ART Multiverb 3 the Peavey Classic 60/60 and the second rig would be the Quadaverb GT or ART SGX-2000 express or
Carvin SX-15 preamp into the Marshall 8008 BUT now with the MP-1 in the mix I'll WILL use th eMP-1 as my main preamp regardless of which power amp.

By the way; I talked to a friend who works on computers and he had an old PC that he gave me today, I promptly de-soldered the battery holder (CR2032) as well as de-soldered the factory MP-1 battery and put the holder in it's new home,,,,,, works perfectly. I even reused the battery from the computer, for now at least. Already powered her up, loaded the factory presets, turned it off and back on and it holds the presets like a champ. NOT planning on any Mods for a while since I've never had a MP-1 before. I want to get to know her before I start changing anything about her.     ;)   

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Hey Crabs, great news  :thumb-up: .  One way (and the best IMHO) to solve your preamp/poweramp patching issues is get a decent (small) mixing desk (like the carvin 12 ch with 6 aux sends (http://carvinaudio.com/collections/mixers/products/c1240-concert-series-mixer)), then run it all like a PA, plug all your preamps into it in stereo, assign all the FX gadgets via the 6 aux sends and return, take the various outputs (sub groups and main) to the different poweramp ins. You can then control which preamp is active via midi patch to them all, e.g. patch 25 = MP1 (all other preamps bypass/sound off on that patch, etc).  It has 4 subgroups and main outs so you can use sub 1/2 to one poweramp, sub 3/4 to another and main to another. You'll have to repatch the speakers though when changing amps (unless you got a speaker splitter).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Crabs

« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Hi rnolan,
           That's a very interesting solution. Thanks for mentioning it, I'll have to think about it for a while.   
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up