ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 45   Go Down

Author Topic: what are you listening to this week?  (Read 237472 times)

vansinn

Re: what are you listening to this week?
« Reply #540 on: Time Format »

Modern Mongolian Music - "Sandy Desert"

bunkyloo

• Tones for days with my ADA's !
« Reply #541 on: Time Format »

Ratt Reach for the sky
Queensryche rage for order

bunkyloo

• Tones for days with my ADA's !
« Reply #542 on: Time Format »

And Winger IV

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #543 on: Time Format »

It's my opinion of course, but everything this band has done is a master piece whether it's under the Pariah or Satan band name!
This album below is just another example of that.  So inspirational to me and their latest albums continue to inspire me and give me a lot of listening pleasure.  Next album out on the 7th of September.

« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #544 on: Time Format »

German heavy metal

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #545 on: Time Format »

What a coincidence!   

I've been jamming on TYRANT as well.....the U.S. one!   :lol:

I had their album Legions of the Dead back in school and played the  :poop: out of it.  Heck, I even learned all the songs on guitar and that was kind of rare for me to actually try to learn a whole album. 

So fast forward to the present day and I get a Friend Request from a Greg May on FB.  Hmm I thought.  Why does that name sound so familiar?  I thought for a minute or three, couldn't place it but dammit I knew that name from somewhere.  So I just accepted the request and check the info on the guy.   HOLY SHIT it's the founder and bassist from Tyrant!   :o  He sent ME a Friend Request!
 So I'm talking with him on Messenger and he said he found me because I posted a Tyrant Youtube vid on a FB Group page and wanted to say "thanks"   I'm still in shock, right?  He asks what I thought of the next 2 albums after the Legions debut album I had.  I confessed that I wasn't even aware of two more albums.  "Oh? Give me your address and I'll sign 'em and send them to you..."    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

After talking with him some more, I find out that they are working on another album due sometime in 2019.  Same bassist (Greg), same guitarist, different drummer and different singer.  Ehh, singer is some guy named......Robert Lowe.  Yes that Robert Lowe.  The guy who sang in Solitude Aeturnus, and later for Candlemass.   :o   I can't wait!!!

So anyway, here's 3 Youboob links.  One from each album. 

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #546 on: Time Format »

No way Kim, that's a cool story!

I have had similar encounters with hero's of mine on the internet as well.  I put an album on youtube many moons ago of the band Warfare.  Well I was reading the comments one day and noticed some guy said something like "I know because I played on the original".  So I contacted him and we chatting via email.  Still in touch via email like.  I actually shared an idea for a song with him and he give me a riff or two which I wrote into the song, so on our next album I have to give him a writing credit :)  That's pretty cool for me.  It's a shame though as the guy doesn't do anything musical anymore and doesn't have a lot of kit to record with or do much in that way, so I had to take his recording from his phone.  I'd love him to get a little multitrack or something, then he could actually record and put things together a bit easier and better quality.

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #547 on: Time Format »

Fates Warning - Live Over Europe
OMFG....varying degrees of awesomeness!!!

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #548 on: Time Format »

Fates Warning - Live Over Europe
OMFG....varying degrees of awesomeness!!!
Yes, that's a noce one  :D
Saw them on that tour a couple of days earlier  ;D
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

vansinn

« Reply #549 on: Time Format »

Well, I'm forced to listen to Pakistani pop music. Not that this is crap, just that my room mate plays virtually the same stuff all the time ;)

To compensate, I'm having a trip on Midnattsol, Leaves Eyes, Serenia, Tristania, Eluvetie, and a bunch of Samic/Celtic/Trans-Alp inspired folk metal.
« Last Edit: Time Format by van Sinn »

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #550 on: Time Format »

Getting in the X-mass spirit properly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PspiIAv7vZE
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #551 on: Time Format »

Some awesome thrash from Poland!  MJMP it's even sung in English so you might enjoy it  :headbanger:

vansinn

« Reply #552 on: Time Format »

Poland has a number of really great bands.
Like Coma:

and the almost one-man band Widek, here featuring Gru:

I bought one of Widek's albums, and he also shopped the Coma CD for me, nice ;)
« Last Edit: Time Format by van Sinn »

vansinn

« Reply #553 on: Time Format »

Russian Folk Metal Bank Arkona. Check their earlier works; some of it is more folklore'ish than this their latest.

Full concert setup, complete with additional singers and strings.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #554 on: Time Format »

Satan return with another outstanding album

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 45   Go Up