ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ADA Amplification Systems - all about...  (Read 4306 times)

Ibanez RG

Maybe who knows what's happened with ADA company? Why ADA went out of business and how's all started at the begining? 
I bought used MP-1 in 1996/97 and required some service at the time but amp tech told me that some fire was at ADA factory and their objects and warehouse was burnt out and it's over... Sad story. Then i was read that "combo era" was came and rack stuff was not so popular amongst the guitarists so...
I really don't know what was really happened with all thing but im glad that David Tarnowsky started AD/A again :)
(sry 4 my english)  ::)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: ADA Amplification Systems - all about...
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

There was a similar discussion on the old depot.  It seems the factory fire was the main reason for ADAs demise at the time.  The guy who imported ADA into Australia (Nuzeo Gambale) told me that the head of ADA (can't remember who he was) got very rich and then pissed it all against the wall (girls, coke etc) whic, if true, wouldn't have helped.  It's good they are making stuff again, I (like lots of others no doubt) are hanging for an MP3.  I haven't heard the new ADA APP-1 yet.  Personally I like tubes and the APP-1 is SS but is at least analogue (in the current world of DSP tone cloners). I don't think the combo era story would have put them out of business, besides they made a few combos, not that we saw many in Australia.
Hey your English is fine  ;)

Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up