ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A/DA Final Phase  (Read 6385 times)

armdnrdy

A/DA Final Phase
« on: Time Format »

Hi all!

I have recently acquired an older model (early eighties) Final Phase which had been unjustly modified with an unsightly pink and purple psychedelic paint job. (repainted black)

The bottom plate was missing, (I fabricated one out of aluminum) and three of the knobs were gone as well. (purchased new knobs)

I am in the process of restoring this great effect to it's former glory but...can use some help.

I am in need of the min/max frequency readings to set the clock range and max clock frequency.
Yes...a former owner played with the trimpots!
When I first acquired this "beauty"... the sweep and phasing was way off. After checking the circuit at different points, I marked the trimmers original location and dialed it in to bring it closer to what it should sound like but....I would like to bring it back to "factory" specs.

If anyone has a Final Phase...and would like to help...I could "walk" you through taking the readings.
The bottom cover needs to be removed (four screws) to take the readings. You need access to a multi meter that reads frequency. I can supply complete instructions, with pictures of what to do. It's pretty basic.

If anyone can help..I would very much appreciate it! We need to bring this Final Phase back to life!

« Last Edit: Time Format by armdnrdy »

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: A/DA Final Phase
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Do you know what version you have,i know there are 3 different versions.I just looked in my archive,but i don't have the factory adjustments.

armdnrdy

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Thanks for the reply.

It's the version with the DC power jack and the empty area where a board mounted transformer would go.

I don't believe that it would matter which version the frequency readings were taken from. There isn't a difference in the clock/LFO section between the versions. The clock frequency should be the same.
From what I've read the reissue is the same circuit except for the overdrive section and the board layout..so...I could even get the frequency readings from the reissue.

There is an early version with vactrols...that one would be different. 

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Mine has a build in transformer.

Anyway,what do you need to know?

armdnrdy

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey MarshallJMP,

Is yours an older model or the reissue?

If it's an older model, I can upload an image of where the test point is. I can't find a picture of the reissue...and since the board was changed, I'm not sure where the test point would be.

Thank you for the reply and help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up