Let's Get Technical > All PREAMP Tech Tips & Support

What and where to buy all 1/4" ins and outs and the volume control for MP-1

(1/3) > >>

zandr32:
I've got 2 MP-1's and most of the connectors are worn out. I mainly need the A & B out on the back plate and the input on the front. While I have them apart I'm going to replace the volume pots, so I would like info on those as well. Thanks!

zandr32:
I forgot to tell you guys I'm in Nashville Tn. US

bunkyloo:
I am in Los Angeles CA and I order the jacks through Studio Sounds Electronics.com out of Arizona. they have most all the jacks but need to know what you are looking for.
The almighty MJMP will have to help with the pots as they are kinda special.
I only get stuff locally that is cost effective.
I would email MJMP on the Pots though. Steve

MarshallJMP:
Well I have both the pots and jacks and ship cheap to the US.

zandr32:
Forgive me guys. I'll need a couple of tries to get this forum posting thing down. I haven't been here, or on a forum for that matter in many years. I just saw that somewhere on this forum there's instructions on how to replace the original input jack with a normal jack and then hard wire it to the circuit board. Would you guys recommend that? And if so, can you point me to those instructions? I have that type of jack in my possession. This would save me a bunch of time. Also, I don't really like the plastic on the original. When I took the nut off of the jack, the old plastic had rotted and the plastic crumbled in my hand. I would think that hard wiring a better jack would be a better alternative. Btw, thanks for your replies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version