Let's Get Technical > All PREAMP Tech Tips & Support

Pitchtraq with MIDI/ distorted sounding

<< < (2/5) > >>

MarshallJMP:
Can you use something else, the only thing I get are spam banners and my firewall and anti virus is going berserk on this site.

Griphook:
hey MJMP,

Im sorry for that. Changed the Link in the Post above to a Dropbox-Share. I hope this works better:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/l1n9fzvaiou34py/AAB_zoEgy4ASnTwtMOVNy6ada?dl=0

MarshallJMP:
Wooow seems somebody did a lot of work on this one. Can you tell me on that brown extra board are 3 ic's, one is a Z80 but I can't read the other 2? But it looks it does have midi and someone wrote new software , wauw I'm impressed!! Now since this is new software it's impossible (unless you find the guy that did this) to know what all those things on the display mean. You could always restore it back to stock and see what that gives you?

Also I'm missing 2 big 3300µF/16V caps on the board.

Griphook:
Hey MJMP,
unfortunately the other two ICs dont have anything written on them.Based on my knowledge about MIDI I would assume, the 6 Pin is something like an Optocoupler?
The other One? I dont know..
I ahve a few other questions:
What is the Z80 used for?The new software is based on the ADA-Midi v 3.00 Chip? Isn't it possible to readout the EEProm and maybe reconstruct the Code?

How do I restore it back to Stock?Which 2 Caps do you mean. Could this have something to do with my hum?

MarshallJMP:
Yes the 6 pin is an opto, the other one I think is an UART chip, maybe a 82C51A, does it have 28 pins? The Z80 didn't have a serial port .

The pitchraq uses a Z80, they just added the extra board with the Z80 uart and opto and plugged it in the socket where the Z80 used to be. The last eprom version of the pitchraq was V2.07. I have the original code.

To restore it, just plug the Z80 back in the socket and you will need a V2.07 eprom. If you want I can send you one, no problem. See attached pic.

As you can see I have 2 big caps you don't have, near the front in the middle and on the right side.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version