Miscellaneous > Discussions

Props to Zilthy

(1/5) > >>

Dante:
On the old Depot, there was a member who used to post pictures of her pink iPhone and tell us all that "this is my backup rig" Well, y'know what? I now find myself doing the same thing. Thank you Zilthy, for shining a little light my way.  :bow:

I have been practicing with my iPod touch, playing along with songs in iTunes, with my iRig and it is an iFantastic sounding rig. I just need a footswitch & I'd have a great practice rig and BACKUP rig, should anything catastrophic occur. Let's face it, my MP2 is an old soul and he's been through a LOT. It could go at any time and I'd be SOL (sh*t outta luck) at a gig.

As for footswitches that work with the iPod, here are a couple of options here. I could get an iMidi, which allows me to use my existing midi footswitch. That's cool, but I wouldn't be able to use my Wah pedal - that's an iDeal breaker. So, there is also a bluetooth footswitch that is wireless, and would allow me to plug two CC pedals of my choice into it. It's battery powered, and small. Now, that's iDeal. I'll probably go that route and carry the footswitch in case of emergencies.

Thanks again, Sasha. Hope you're doing well

finstah:

--- Quote from: Dante on June 25, 2015, 09:20:08 PM ---On the old Depot, there was a member who used to post pictures of her pink iPhone and tell us all that "this is my backup rig" Well, y'know what? I now find myself doing the same thing. Thank you Zilthy, for shining a little light my way.  :bow:

I have been practicing with my iPod touch, playing along with songs in iTunes, with my iRig and it is an iFantastic sounding rig. I just need a footswitch & I'd have a great practice rig and BACKUP rig, should anything catastrophic occur. Let's face it, my MP2 is an old soul and he's been through a LOT. It could go at any time and I'd be SOL (sh*t outta luck) at a gig.

As for footswitches that work with the iPod, here are a couple of options here. I could get an iMidi, which allows me to use my existing midi footswitch. That's cool, but I wouldn't be able to use my Wah pedal - that's an iDeal breaker. So, there is also a bluetooth footswitch that is wireless, and would allow me to plug two CC pedals of my choice into it. It's battery powered, and small. Now, that's iDeal. I'll probably go that route and carry the footswitch in case of emergencies.

Thanks again, Sasha. Hope you're doing well

--- End quote ---

Hey dude, let me know how it goes. I got out my old analog pedals for my son and well, seems they go thru batteries and don't always work (need to look inside them and check solder connections, but ain't nobody got time for that!).

I was looking into getting him an iRig for his iPad mini. Do you just have the  basic one? I don't need all the extra recording and such components. Just something for him to plug in and jam.

Oh damn! I just remembered Zilthy = Sasha. Man, that brought back some memories. lol

GuitarBuilder:
There's a phenomenal amount of good information on playing guitar with iOS devices, both in the studio as well as live on the VGuitar Forum:

http://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=132.0

The forum owner - Elantric - performs live with an iPad!

Dante:
Stah - I bought the 19.99 version and they emailed me with an upgrade deal, so I have the little drum machine and recorder too. I could do just fine with basic version - that's all I was using last night, it works great. I'm thinking about an iPad now, but the iPod fits in my pocket...

rnolan:
Hey Dante, I know what you mean about MP2, so now I have 3 of them (nearly 4 except for Joe Perry's rip off...). My main live MP2 has never missed a beat but it is getting old, it was one of the first batch of MP2s in Australia.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version