• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

ADA MB-1 - Fully Upgraded (Sold :-) )

Started by TTP, July 04, 2023, 05:00:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTP

Selling as I simply don't play anymore.
The pre-amp has all the available modifications done in the autum last year incl. Noise Mod, Op-amp, battery and E-Prom. Old E-Prom available. All parts procured through this forum.
Fully functional off course incl. new pair of Tungsol 12AX7 tubes
Just mail me for full photo documentation.
Asking price: Not looking to make a profit but cover costs, so 175 € incl. shipping within EU with GLS

Kind Regards
Thomas

WhatsApp: +45 6120 9520
Mail: therkild110@gmail.com

rnolan

Hey Thomas, a great deal for anyone who wants one of the best Bass preamps "ever" for a killer price  :thumb-up: .  I'm assuming it's a 240v model as you are in EU??  I have 2 already or I'd buy it LoL.  The MDRT replacement transformer (240v & 117v) is also compatible with MB-1 for anyone who wanted to use it in the US/Japan etc. and can be wired to switch between the 2 voltages (though most pick one or the other). The MDRT also opens up the dynamics a bit and sounds even better  >:D .  Also with the EPROM upgrade you did, the MB-1 responds to CC commands which is really cool.  And the Tungsol 12AX7s should work really well  :whoohoo!: , I put Mullard long plates in mine which also work well.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

I'd buy it if it was set up for 110V. I wouldn't mind having a 2nd MB-1.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

Hey Harley, someone should snavel it, it's a great price.  If you put a MDRT in it you'd be good to go  :thumb-up: .  Both my MB-1s have MDRTs, really worthwhile upgrade.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

Richard, I'm not fully convinced that the MDRT is for me.
There are pros and cons to it just like everything else. The same goes for my 3TM MP-1.

TTP

Hi guys.
Thanks for the kind words. I listed it at the bass site bassic.de as well, and it was gone in less than 8 hours,
with 3 interested buyers just within that short time.
Kind Regards
Thomas

MarshallJMP

Peter H. Boer

Quote from: Harley Hexxe on July 08, 2023, 08:15:43 AM
There are pros and cons to it just like everything else. The same goes for my 3TM MP-1.
The MDRT does more good on the MB-1 than on the MP1 IMHO.
More headroom and tightness, which both are essential for bass. :thumb-up:
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

Harley Hexxe

Quote from: Peter H. Boer on July 09, 2023, 12:09:13 AM
Quote from: Harley Hexxe on July 08, 2023, 08:15:43 AM
The MDRT does more good on the MB-1 than on the MP1 IMHO.
More headroom and tightness, which both are essential for bass. :thumb-up:

Peter,
That's interesting to know. There are some things I hear with the MP-1s that have the MDRT in them that I like, but then I've noticed that the EQ seems to have changed in them too. There are certain tones and frequencies in the un-modded MP-1 that I like, and I don't know if that can be dialed back in with the MDRT. Considering that I only have one MB-1, and I really like what it can do, I would wait until I get lucky enough to find a second one to try that.

I do have one question for you though; You say it tightens up the bass. Does this mean you lose some of the low end? Generally, when people use this term, it seems that's what's going on. I do like a deep bass frequency for the bass guitar and I don't want to lose that. It took me a long time to learn how to EQ the bass guitar around the kick drum so they aren't fighting with each other.