ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UK/EU FS: ADA MP1 3TM Ultra + with EQ mods !!!  (Read 4938 times)

Stav92

For sale is my trusty ADA MP1 3tm ultra+  upgraded/modded preamp. All functioning in great condition. 230v, UK style 3-pin AC plug.

It has the 3 tube mod for extra available gain, an improved input OP amp and with internal "chunk" and "bite" adjustable trim-pots so you can tweak the gain character. It has the upgraded MDRT 12v transformer for lower noise and better sound/response/dynamics. Its had the noise suppression mod therefore is a lot quieter than the stock version with replaced refreshed filter caps.
All the discussed mods so far were performed by Mister MARSHALL-JMP himself.

The stock MP1 was also known for its "faulty" EQ points particularly with the bass and presence controls. I have had the EQ section professionally modded by my amp tech with a MCc3079 high performance/high headroom OP amp (doesn't clip like the stock EQ chip) with a bass frequency trim pot (currently set at around 100Hz rather than the stock 180Hz which is wrong for a typical bass control), the mid, treble and presence frequency points have also been tweaked for a better range and more guitar-relevant frequencies. This ADA MP1 sounds a lot better than stock with a much more useable and pleasant sounding EQ virtually no noise. (The MCC3079 iop Amp is also known for having much softer and natural sounding treble and high's.)

Currently has 3x JJ high gain 12ax7 preamp valves.

This particular unit has such a tight chewy 80s style sound to it. I've also played through a mesa boogie preamp which was much bassier and not as compressed but there was always something about the tones from this box that made me smile! Its so fun and easy to play classic riffs and solos on!

Check out the following recordings I recorded with this preamp Excuse the bad playing! :facepalm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FP7TR1nNDsQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjZNhIBzAUk
https://m.soundcloud.com/mbstudiopre/dirty-chorus-demo-pcm-80-1210
(I've whacked on some chorus and reverb some parts but it gives a basic idea of the intense sounds available! The gain was only set halfway!)

This MP1 does not require a stupid Sonic Maximizer to sound big and wide and with all the mods and upgrades this thing easily rivals a triaxis. It is worth a hell of a lot more than a typical stock MP1.

Price: £350 GBP   with extra costs for shipping. I can give you an estimate if you message me your location.
Any questions just ask. I can record some more short clips for anybody interested.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

I can confirm i did these mods on Stav's MP-1 (exept the EQ mods).

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Stav sent you a PM
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up