ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MT100 Output Trnasitor Issues  (Read 8 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
MT100 Output Trnasitor Issues
« on: Time Format »

@Harley
I will start another thread after this...check out the pix below. One question, where does that yellow wire belong? It's not connected to anything and it looks like it was pulled off something, but I don't see anything loose  :dunno:

Dante

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
Re: Re: What's everyone using for Poweramp?
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Dante,

Okay, I had to dig out one of my MT 100s to find out. That yellow wire isn't connected to anything. It should be folded back, and zip tied  to the bundle of red wires. That's what I see in mine.

Yes, those two things under that clamp are the power transistors I believe. They have a mylar sheet under the back of the head. Be sure that is in place when you install the new ones.

They are: IRF9530 and IRF530 going from left to right
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: Re: What's everyone using for Poweramp?
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Thanks Harley!!

I found a low resolution pic of somebody repairing one, it was folded back and bundled with a zip tie. I couldn't figure out what to connect it to, now I  know. I can also see the dent in my wires where the zip tie used to be.

I see those exact part numbers on mine, now that I've removed that bar from the top. Both are greasy on top, eeeewww...each of these thingys is on a pile of white grease (dialectric?) and there's a square sheet of something under each one, gotta be the mylar

I'll order 10 of each part, shipping will be more than the items :)
Here's the order....look right?

The real question is, how long with this thing last once I replace those? Am I doomed to do this repair over an over ?
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »
Pages: [1]   Go Up