Let's Get Technical > All PREAMP Tech Tips & Support

Rocktron MidiMate will not change MP-1 patches!!

(1/3) > >>

odeonmaxx:
Am I doing something wrong? Or not have something set up properly?

Midimate - phantom power to MP-1. And yes, 7 pin cable. Tried with 5 pin as well. It will not change patches. But works fine to change with front controls. Even tried to power the pedal separately. No dice.

Would there be something up with the MP-1? Please point me in the right direction.

THANKS!!!!

Systematic Chaos:
Check if the MIDI channels you´ve set in both the MidiMate and the MP-1 are the same

MarshallJMP:
Set the midi channel on the MP-1 to all,so it recieves on all midi channels.

rnolan:
hey odeonmaxx, both SC and MJMP are on the money, it would seem a mismatch between the midi channel out put (sent) from your pedal to the MP1 midi receive channel. This can be midi ch 1 to 16 but each end needs to match or use the "ALL" channel catch all on the receive end (simplistically, so different midi enabled gadgets can talk to each other on different midi channels if you want). Typically (unless you have a more complex midi setup (which you don't)), a midi device (in your case the pedal) is sending out midi change information (in you case program change (i.e. go to program/patch 20)) on/over one of the midi channels (1 to 16) This channel assignment BTW is adjusted in the pedal.  The receiving device (in your case MP1) listens to these messages on midi channels you tell it to (e.g. pedal send on midi ch 1, MP1 set to listen on midi ch 1 which is what SC is saying, they have to be set to the same midi channel). Most midi gadgets, MP1 included, can listen to all midi channels at the same time ("All" is the setting, and what MJMP is saying), so it won't matter what channel your pedal is using to send midi change info (1 to 16) as the MP1 is listening to them all and will respond.

mjfan123:
I am having the same problem. OP did you resolve the issue?

I bought a used Rocktron midi-mate from Guitar center, and am trying to follow the instructions from the manual to change the midi channels. On the pedal, I change it to channel 1, but it doesn't save, it goes back to being off when I scroll back. Maybe it's defective, in which case I will return it to Guitar Center.

I changed the channels on the MP-1 to both all and channel 1. The MP1 is in excellent condition and everything appears to work(just bought it from Ebay a few days ago.) And this didn't work to change presets.

Please advise if I am doing something wrong. This is my first experience with midi that's not a midi keyboard.

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version