Non ADA Gear > Rack Gear

Rack Set Up

(1/5) > >>

Soloist:
Hello all, I am fairly new to a rack set up. Here is what I have and how I ran my signal path:
Guitar to rack tuner>black loop>loop 1 is ADA MP1, loop 2 is Marshall JMP1. Out of black loop to Hush super c> quadraverb>sonic maximixer>fx return of DSL. I also have 1 eq in each of the preamps fx loops.
Is the a better way to run this?

rnolan:
Hey Soloist, simple answer yes IMHO, first what's a black loop ? nothing on Google so I don't know what it is/does, from what you've posted it seems to be designed to enhance (add more flexibility) to existing fx loops (like basic serial loop in MP1).
Anyway, just on what you have and how I'd want to patch it (basic paradigm, keep it analogue all the way to power amp, mix in digital things on the way (delay/reverb etc)) and above all (particularly with ADA MP1) keep it all stereo (huge difference  :thumb-up: ).
So I suspect you use the black loop to select between the MP1 and Marshall JMP1 preamps. If the black loop is mono, I'd get rid of it, it will just hold you back, there are other ways of switching between 2 "stereo" preamps (e.g. simple input splitter (A/B or A+B), I modified an old Peavy foot switch to do this, just need 3 jack sockets and a 2 on/off foot switches, one picked A/B the other A+B). Tuner can/should go before this switch (though they can/do sometimes affect your sound, I use a clip on Peterson Stroboclip, so no longer an issue for me).  The best way after this with what you have is to use a small mixer with lots of fx sends. plug each preamp into 2 channels panned left/right, use the FX sends to bring in the Quadverb in stereo and back down 2 channels (or stereo FX return), DSL ? if stereo FX gadget same as Quadverb, hush ? if not stereo need to put with tuner before split between preamps, others seem to like these sonic maximisers, they probably just add upper harmonics (~18khz (like oral exciters)), I haven't tried (or have the need) for them, if it wont run in stereo.. not good. but again mix these things in to you basic good sounding analogue signals (i.e.MP1,Marshall JMP1)

Systematic Chaos:
I guess it´s this:

Soloist:
Yup that's it. It is only mono. I would love to go stereo however my Dsl only has a mono fx loop. Time to save up for a stereo power amp!

rnolan:
Go SC, thanks, Ok it adds 2 (switchable) mono serial effects loops. Useful but not best for MP1/2 (best to keep digital gadgets out of these loops BTW unless they have true analogue bypass). When you try stereo (if your like me, you won't go back :thumb-up: ).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version