ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

Anyone here boost their ADA MP1?

<< < (2/33) > >>

rnolan:
Anyone who uses a wah pedal before their MP1 (sorry I'm being glib LOL)

RobbHell:
I use passive pickups and use a compressor before the ADA and a Eq in the loop. Heavy palm muting is no problem.

MarshallJMP:
With my original mp-1 i used to use a boss GE-7 eq with a reversed smiley (mid boost).

Dante:

--- Quote from: Chamai on November 13, 2014, 09:18:55 AM ---thanks for the write up rnolan.
I guess I am just after a certain type of sound that needs the amp to be overdriven/boost a little. again, im not going after more distortion. I run my jcm 900 with a tube screamer as well. i guess i just love the tube screamer.

i do want to avoid having pedals in the front coz i want to keep my ada setup and all rack rig. i tried using my gsp 21 pro in the loop to overdrive the mp1, but it sounds really thin if i do that. all the bass is gone. im looking for a rack overdrive (not preamp) that i can put infront of the ada. here is my setup right now:

guitar --> tube screamer (0 gain) -->mxr 10 band eq --> ada mp1 --loop--> digitech dsp21 pro --> 31 band eq

really wanna replace that tube screamer with a rack effect! im opened to suggestions.

--- End quote ---
I've tried to replace my old Tubescreamer since 1991 with all kinds of gear (rack gear included). It's the one pedal I still have

kawai2g4b:
I will boost it with one of my on board guitar preamps, a la BC Rich (though I don't have an actual one), and manipulate the varitone circuit for EQ shaping.  Works like a charm with the MP-1.  I just got an old Yamaha Overdrive pedal and will try it through the MP-1 for you guys.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version