Other ADA Gear > Speakers & Cabs

ADA GCS-2 + Stereo Rig = ... Two GCS-2s???

<< < (2/4) > >>

swipesy:
Hey guys,

I was able to find a Microcab II for $100. Should have it in a week or so.  The seller told me it works fine and from the pics looked to be in excellent++ condition. Looking forward to trying it out!

rnolan:
Cool, good result, let us know how it goes. :thumb-up:

swipesy:
Well, I gave it a good workout tonight. Verdict: Bleh. Too honky for my tastes. The 2112's internal sim sounds better to my ears, but not good enough. I don't know if the GCS-2 would be any better either. I'm thinking maybe it's time to upgrade to a POD HD500X and get out of the stone age.  Or something!

rnolan:
There's a whole pile of variables here, e.g. what are you monitoring through ?
Direct:  I've always had good results with MP2 cab sims through Behringer Truths, and MikeBs MP1 sounds great with the GCS3 in the FX loop. I've not used a Microcab but MJMP likes them (and maybe has suggestions ?).
It depends though what you want to do.  The ADA MP1/2 are "live" preamps, I'd prefer to mike up cabs to record than use cab sims, but not always easy.
If you want something just to record, seems the AXE FX is the go, they just don't cut it quite as well live as real preamps, personally I wouldn't go near a pod, but thats me, I like real sounds, mate of mine has a top of the line line 6 (is pod ??), the metal sounds are ok, the rest is very ho/hum IMHO.

El Chiguete:
What was you rig chain? You are going to a recording interface and not thru a guitar cab and speakers correct?

PS:
Marshall mentioned that he and other people have a trick: ¨you can set all the buttons to the off position when you push one button slightly in,so none of the cab sims are selected.Best sound IMHO¨, try that too and see how it goes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version