ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 45   Go Down

Author Topic: what are you listening to this week?  (Read 237557 times)

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
Re: what are you listening to this week?
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

Metallica - Live Shit, Binge & Purge

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

NP: Words of Farewell - The black wild yonder  :thumb-up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO1U6rMuK_M
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

Rabid Bitch of the North, well drum and guitar tracks...

hahaha don't tell anyone!!
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

Hey I like it  :thumb-up: , wouldn't mind a cassette (happy to pay for it BTW), I'm one of the few people in the world it seems that still has a decent cassette player and still likes tape, albit 1 & 7/8 ips 4 x 1/32" tracks, not alot of real estate compared to 30 ips 1/4" (1/8" per track) or mmm 30 ips 1/2 " (1/4" per track), but I reminisce on a bygone time... But hey you guys are doing vinyl,  :whoohoo!:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #34 on: Time Format »

Hey I like it  :thumb-up: , wouldn't mind a cassette (happy to pay for it BTW), I'm one of the few people in the world it seems that still has a decent cassette player and still likes tape, albit 1 & 7/8 ips 4 x 1/32" tracks, not alot of real estate compared to 30 ips 1/4" (1/8" per track) or mmm 30 ips 1/2 " (1/4" per track), but I reminisce on a bygone time... But hey you guys are doing vinyl,  :whoohoo!:

How did you find out the name of my band by the way?  I don't remember saying  :lol:

So have you heard our band camp or something?  Yeah we're doing a 7" single next year for a greek label we're on.  The drums I let you hear are going to be part of it hence asking for tips.  I have a cassette player, actually 2 double decks.  However most of tapes are dropping out and this annoys the piss out of me.  I can't hear music I like unless it sounds how it was meant to.  I can't listen to old vinyl either.  If it crackles too much it does my head in.  I have stuff on tap that is the only format I have it on so I need to hang onto them.  Our tapes sold really well.  I was surprised.  It's a cheap means for releasing something.  Seems popular with metal bands over here and I know it's big in the underground hip hop scene as well.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #35 on: Time Format »

Ahh, simple really, I wanted to post who I'd been listening to (i.e. the tracks you sent) and I remembered in one of your posts there was a shot of you with the backdrop, I noticed the Rabid at the time (username) I first checked it out. So I went back through the posts and found it, took a little while  :facepalm: So the Rabid was easy, of the North I kind of implied (I could see enough to get that), the Bitch had me looking looking to work out (I had beast on the brain from what I could make out (and had a few wines..)). Then I got it (well I hoped I got it LOL)
It's worth Sampling any cassette you want to keep, it's a pain as it's all real time but worth digitising at at least 48k 24bit. Nice thing with tape is it warms the sound, and also a much better way to dither digital BTW (record to tape analogue from digital PC etc, then re sample at desired rate (e.g. 44.1k 16bit for CD)). Again takes more time but sounds better.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #36 on: Time Format »

It's worth Sampling any cassette you want to keep, it's a pain as it's all real time but worth digitising at at least 48k 24bit. Nice thing with tape is it warms the sound, and also a much better way to dither digital BTW (record to tape analogue from digital PC etc, then re sample at desired rate (e.g. 44.1k 16bit for CD)). Again takes more time but sounds better.
No way I'm going to try this

Good detective work my man  :thumb-up: I thought I hadn't mentioned the band name, but I had started to question myself and I thought possibly I had tried to drop names somewhere along the lines.  I'm glad I didn't cause I don't want a BIG HEAD O0
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

Explorer84

• Astronaut and famous Hollywood stunt squirrel
« Reply #37 on: Time Format »

currently listening to Within Temptation  'The Unforgiving' album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lNNYrlCeDI

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #38 on: Time Format »

Judas Priest - Painkiller Lp
Suicidal Tendencies - Deep Cuts Lp
Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time Lp
Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime Lp
Dokken - Under Lock and Key Lp

Can you tell I love 80's Metal? :metal:
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

Explorer84

• Astronaut and famous Hollywood stunt squirrel
« Reply #39 on: Time Format »

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime Lp

one of the best albums ever made, Empire is a big favorite of mine too

MikeB

« Reply #40 on: Time Format »

Good detective work my man  :thumb-up: I thought I hadn't mentioned the band name, but I had started to question myself and I thought possibly I had tried to drop names somewhere along the lines.  I'm glad I didn't cause I don't want a BIG HEAD O0

Actually, i recall this from one of your first posts (because it made me laugh).  MJMP originally called you Rabbit Gerry and you corrected him saying that you didn't think "Rabbit Bitch of the North" was such a good band name. I kind of like it. Mind if i use it?
I don't feel tardy!

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #41 on: Time Format »

Periphery - Borthelcash (Teaser for upcoming album Juggernaut)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #42 on: Time Format »

Deep Purple, Who Do We Think We Are, haven't listened to it in years, and today I started remembering, working out Rat Bat Blue. BTW My Woman From Tokyo is a great song to jam to...

Hey Mike, Rabbit Bitch of The North is kind of appropriate for Australia LOL I like it  :thumb-up: Do we make it an off shoot of 1st World Problems ? And I think MJMP has to be in the band, maybe we could do an internet thing ?

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #43 on: Time Format »

Actually, i recall this from one of your first posts (because it made me laugh).  MJMP originally called you Rabbit Gerry and you corrected him saying that you didn't think "Rabbit Bitch of the North" was such a good band name. I kind of like it. Mind if i use it?

Ahh I didn't mention it directly though. Oh well, still good work on Richard's behalf since he didn't realise.

No our label would get pissed about the name  :facepalm:

This week it's

Judas Priest - Screamin' for Vengeance

Judas Priest - Sad Wings os Destiny

Mercyful Fate - Melissa

Stainless Steel - Metal Machine

Satan - Into the Future/Suspended Sentence

Satan - Life Sentence

Pariah - The Kindred

« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #44 on: Time Format »

I try to pay attention LOL  :wave: good shot of you BTW, that's the first thing I noticed. You look like you are really getting into it (or was it a pose ? for the camera? ).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 45   Go Up