Miscellaneous > Rants & Raves

what are you listening to this week?

<< < (135/135)

Harley Hexxe:
The Doobie Brothers - What Were Once Vices, Are Now Habits

A killer album from 1974, and my favorite of all the Doobies albums, (Yes, that includes The Captain And Me).

I've been having a blast playing a lot of the songs from this album for the last week or so. This album struck a chord with me when I first got it back in the day, and as far as I'm concerned, it still stands up to anything written today.
  The guitar talents of Tom Johnston, Patrick Simmons, and Jeff "Skunk" Baxter, only being a part of the equation, combined with Tiran Porter's "In-The-Pocket" bass, and the two drummers, John Hartman, and Keith Knudsed, along with the Memphis Horns, makes this album real ear candy.

Harley 8)

Kevin_Abadie:
I was listening to Winger's "Pull" album from 1993 this morning. I believe Reb used a Carvin preamp and power amp at the time and boy does it sound good ! (Well he is an outstanding player so it only makes sense ! )

:headbanger:

Harley Hexxe:
Hey Gerry,

I think he might have been using a Suhr amp for that, since he was just getting his signature Suhr guitar around that time. I could be mistaken about the timeline, but I believe that's a prototype for the PT100 amp that he uses currently.

Harley 8)

Damn-Danny:
Listening Crypta brazilian Death Metal, Nevermore, Cacophony and Witherfall (vocalist has taken vocal duties in Sanctuary to fill in for too young when left us  :'( the Great and late Warrel Dane) and lots of bay area stuff, and almost forgot Exodus (Gary Holt high underrated guitarist) thank god Hammett left for Metallica :banana:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version