ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: New MP-2, need some help!  (Read 26144 times)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: New MP-2, need some help!
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

What do you mean by worse?

rickeb1

« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

I think that the noise/hum on the higher gain voicings seems worse than when I started.  On the hand, at this point I'm not really sure what it was like to start with, so maybe the noise has been there all along (and it's really bad).

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

Hey Rick, when you run the higher gain MP2 settings, it's a good idea to dial in a bit of the noise gate (noise reduction), turn on, increase the threshold value until the noise stops, you can also adjust how the gate works e.g fade down, or just cut the signal.  I find the 10 High Gain voice pretty much has to have the NR on even for lower master vol rhythm patches. Check out my old rhythm patch in MP2 patches for an example.  Maybe this is all it is ??
Cheers Richard
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

...this calls for the MP2 Noise Mod

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #34 on: Time Format »

Mmm, SC I think you are right  :thumb-up:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #35 on: Time Format »

Try to measure the high voltage like i said,this way you can rule out the R913 problem.Now mp-2's are noisy so it could be normal.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #36 on: Time Format »

Now mp-2's are noisy so it could be normal.
+1  :thumb-up:

gb

« Reply #37 on: Time Format »

Im having the same issue as most know but mine is with the wah after a while it comes good though but can be intermittent throughout. Would one of the ICs mentioned above help with my issue if I replaced or is mine still one of those mysteries hahaha   :banana-upsidedown:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #38 on: Time Format »

Hey gb, that sounds like the issue MJMP has worked hard on but still hasn't found a solution (compressor/wah issues, though my understanding is it's ok after 10 mins or so).  Hopefully it's not the same though (as your is intermittent) and something can be done to help.

gb

« Reply #39 on: Time Format »

Hey gb, that sounds like the issue MJMP has worked hard on but still hasn't found a solution (compressor/wah issues, though my understanding is it's ok after 10 mins or so).  Hopefully it's not the same though (as your is intermittent) and something can be done to help.

thanks rnolan!. Strangely enough I swapped the 2 ICs mentioned above around in my unit and noticed one of them felt like a loose fit. Nowhere locally has these ICs so I thought id try this. Surely enough a few times now when I switch the unit on after being off cold it works straight away and no intermittent startup or splutterimg for the first 10mins. Yet to keep playing as im focusing on my mp1 for now. Ill give it sometime before Ill know. I dont know if environment makes a difference. Last time I turned on the unit was winter now its spring.  The unit seemed to xome good when it warmed up after 5mins etc. Previously. So *shrug. This seems promising though or maybe im grasping at straws haha

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #40 on: Time Format »

Yeh spring, tell me about it, Canberra is the hay fever capital of the world it seems...  windy and lots of pollen flying around  :facepalm:
Well hope your MP2 stays good.
Cheers R

gb

« Reply #41 on: Time Format »

Yeh spring, tell me about it, Canberra is the hay fever capital of the world it seems...  windy and lots of polalthoughng around  :facepalm:
Well hope your MP2 stays good.
Cheers R

Did the OP sort out the issue. I think mine is solved by unplugging and replugging those 2 ICs.which is awesome. It was very suspicious that the IC was loose and not in the socket 100%.  ive been playing with it all week (the mp2). Sounds fantastic although in a band (rehearsal) situation sounds too synthetic for my liking.  I love my mp1 as it sounds more like an amp rather than a 'proccessor'. Might have to let this one go after a while once I get more time to play with and make sure. . Definitely feature packed but my mp1 while less featured still does it for me.  i hope the OP solved his issue!!!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #42 on: Time Format »

Hey George, make sure I get first dibs if you want to sell it  :thumb-up:
I know what you mean with the sound difference MP1/2, I get to listen to my old MP1 as MikeB is playing with me regularly and it sounds great.  I had my sound with it and now have my sound with MP2.  When I had a blast through the MP1 recently, I loved it but understood why some like 3TM with more gain, as MP2 has more gain (but then needs NR gate to tame the big high gain voices).  I've settled in the middle with 5. Warm Vintage voice, my rhythm patch (see MP2 patches) should suit the stuff you do and doesn't sound like a processor (but does sound heaps better (to me) than lots of other amps/options).
When I first got the MP2 we were playing lots of covers (like we've talked about Poison etc) and I had quite a few sounds dialed up for various songs (similar with MP1 BTW).  Now I use 3 sounds (as posted) and the CC volume pedal.  What tubes are in your MP2 ? The Mullards long plate have really brought mine alive.
Cheers R

rickeb1

« Reply #43 on: Time Format »

Did the OP sort out the issue.

No, not so far. :(  To net it out, the problems are that the compressor doesn't work and neither does the wah, even after replacing some ICs.  And, there seems to be abnormally high levels of noise on gain voicings.  I'm hoping Dante can hook me up with Trullmon here in the U.S., who doesn't seem to be a member here anymore.  If not, next step is to ask MarshallJMP if he would allow me to send it to him to take a look and perform his magic!

~ Rick

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #44 on: Time Format »

For me no problem. :thumb-up:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up