Let's Get Technical > Troubleshooting Problems

MP-1 MIDI not working

(1/3) > >>

niksa:
I have a strange problem with MP-1. It all started without any external cause. MIDI on MP-1 isn't working at all. I've tried with two MIDI controllers (one which worked till the problem appeared and another Engl one). Both of controllers work because they are sending MIDI signal to other devices without any problems. I tried changing channels from omni to 1-16 (and accordingly on controllers) - no luck there. I've tried with factory recall - still no luck. Lastly, I've disassembled MP-1 and traced pins from cable to PCB where MIDI input connector is soldered - I have 0 ohms between pin 1 on the cable and pin 1 on PCB etc. which means that connector isn't broken.
Does anybody have any solutions for this?

Thanks in advance

MarshallJMP:
Try too hook up a midi pedal to the mp-1 midi in and run a midi cable from the midi tru to an other midi divice and see if something happends on the other midi device.This way i can rule out some things.

niksa:
Thanks for the help but this MP1 is weird. Just like it has stopped working it started to work again without any reason :S
It's working now but not sure for how long :/

rnolan:
Maybe give ALL the connectors a clean with decent contact cleaner (MJMP whats that one you recommend ?), also take the lid off and give your pots a spray/clean. Can't hurt and is probably long over due ?
Cheers R

MarshallJMP:
Could be a bad cable or a wornout midi in jack.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version