Non ADA Gear > Rack Gear

GSp1101 issue

(1/2) > >>

Soloist:
Hey all, I cant seem to get my 1101 to fully power up. The board lights up and the backlight on the patch title screen lights but no power light or patch number lights. None of the buttons respond. Any ideas or is it FUBAR? Nothing inside looks burnt or damaged.  I slapped a new fuse in but no luck.

Systematic Chaos:

--- Quote from: Soloist on April 17, 2019, 12:47:12 PM ---Hey all, I cant seem to get my 1101 to fully power up. The board lights up and the backlight on the patch title screen lights but no power light or patch number lights. None of the buttons respond. Any ideas or is it FUBAR? Nothing inside looks burnt or damaged.  I slapped a new fuse in but no luck.

--- End quote ---

Maybe this might help: Digitech GSP1101 woes :(

Soloist:
Nope! Tried that earlier. There is nothing online that describes this issue. Or resolves it for that matter.

vansinn:
I've long since sold my 1101, but fairly well remember it's internals.

First thing, I'd suggest opening it up, and measure the power supply rails, using any ordinary multimeter set to DC 20 or 50 volts or so...
Identify a ground spot for the negative wire, and start measuring the outputs from the voltage regulators: 7815, 7915 for +/-15 volts to analog circuits, and the 7805 for digital (IIRC, could be 3.3 volts).

I don't remember the pinout, but this is easily found on the net. Mid pin is for controlling it, so output is either of the side pins ;)

If you don't read +15, -15 and +5, locate the terminals on the large electrolytic capacitors, and measure there; this will tell if the rectifier diodes, or bridge, are working.

If one or more of the voltages is gone, set the meter to 250 volt ac, and measure the outputs from the mains transformer.

To be fair, as the unit sortof powers up, I expect the problem to be elsewhere, but it's always good to make sure the power supply is working..

Soloist:
Thanks Van, I will check it out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version