ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

ADA MP-1 for $150

(1/2) > >>

ADAddicted:
Well the battery was dead of course and thats probably why I was able to get it for only $150. But after completing the battery mod I fired it up , did the factory reset and I'll be damned...  IT SOUNDS AWESOME!!! I wheeled out my Mesa 2X12 with V30s and I like what Im hearing. Just fiddling around with settings and its pretty easy to get a good tone right away. My first MP-1 and Im glad to have it.

Chamai:
Looks good man. Are prices going up the mp1s?

Rusty:
Hi ADAddicted, thats a nice bargin you got there and yes they do sound awesome.

Congratulations and may your MP-1 be filled with excellent presets of your own and bring you Joy.   :)

--- Quote from: Chamai on March 13, 2019, 02:29:45 PM --- Are prices going up the mp1s?

--- End quote ---

I think so, they seem to fetching a nice  price these days. Lots of people want's them again, but you'll always find a great bargin on one somewhere as usual, like ADAddicted did.

Rusty.

Kim:

--- Quote from: ADAddicted on March 13, 2019, 02:04:34 PM ---Well the battery was dead of course and thats probably why I was able to get it for only $150. But after completing the battery mod I fired it up , did the factory reset and I'll be damned...  IT SOUNDS AWESOME!!! I wheeled out my Mesa 2X12 with V30s and I like what Im hearing. Just fiddling around with settings and its pretty easy to get a good tone right away. My first MP-1 and Im glad to have it.
--- End quote ---

Good score!   :thumb-up:

Your rack pic reminds me of my very first MP-1.  I was in a local Music-Go-Round store way back then and they had both an ADA MP-1 and a Rocktron Chameleon.  I was walking out of that store with either one or the other, and the salesperson couldn't give me any info about either one, and was not able to really try them out other than making sure they powered up.  I almost just flipped a coin, but then I remembered seeing the ADA ads in Guitar magazines and not seeing any Chameleon ads (that I could remember anyway) so I took the chance and bought the MP-1.   Good thing I did!  lol

rabidgerry:
You got a bargain alright, but the prices of MP'1 are definitely going up.  It's kind of a disgrace in my opinion as generally when bought now they are all in need of a bit of work done to them.

If you buy one now that has mods as well the person seems to charge or the cost of the mods also.  They average about £300-£400 on ebay.  I got mine for in and around £150-£200.  I paid about £300 and something though for my 3TM.

Starting to hate my stock MP1 though now.  I might be looking at adding another MDRT to it like I did to my other stock model.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version