ADA Preamps > MB-1

MDRT vs. Noise Reduction Mod (Or both)

<< < (2/2)

jlowe1116:

--- Quote from: van Sinn on February 26, 2019, 08:53:51 AM ---IMHO, noise aren't a problem in the MB-1 unless the capacitors have dried out, and as such no longer filters correctly. Replace those as stated in the thread Peter referred above.
The Burr-Brown opamp replacement IMHO has more to do with tone than noise, but as tone is always important, might be a good idea doing that replacement while you're ordering components anyways ;)
I didn't install the MDRT, so can't directly talk about what it does, but to my knowledge it will improve tone, dynamics and likely distortion too, so, I would install it.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info. Does the cap replacements in the quoted thread vary depending on which EPROM I have?

MarshallJMP:
Not really unless you have a really old MB-1.

rnolan:
The 2.05 EPROM is also worth doing and gives you some continuous control (CC) capabilities, I use the stereo master vol control so I can control the output level with an expression pedal.  There's some posts I did about CC control of MB-1 which are probably worth reading.  You can work it out from the manual and release notes but it takes a bit to get your head around it  :crazy:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version