Non ADA Gear > Effects

Boss GT100

(1/3) > >>

Soloist:
Anyone here own a boss gt100? I am thinking of picking up one but I'm not sure how good it will sound though my Mesa 50/50 and Ada slant stacks. I had a Pod hd500 years ago and it sounded like total crap. The gsp1101 is ok but I'm on the hunt for some thing better.

Samuraipanda:
I've been using a GT-10 for years with my MP-1, MP-2, MT100 and Mesa 295 with splitstacks for years. The effects are great and the ability to use 4CM makes it very flexible. The amp sims aren't the greatest but from friends who have the GT100, they have improved them if you want to go standalone.
One of the best features of the GT series are the dual NS2 noise gate sims that you can place anywhere in the signal chain. The harmonizer is stereo and can have two separate voices. I totally recommend this unit if you're not going with TC Electronics, etc.

https://youtu.be/UBKpsDvmSmI

Bazza:
I use a GT100 with my MP1. I also use the 4CM. It works great with a bit of tweaking on the patches and making sure you turn on the send and return on so you can use the MP1 as the preamp. I use it more for changing patches instead of a mc1 foot controller and the effects.
Have any trouble just ask.

rabidgerry:
@Soloist  what don't you like about the gsp1101?  I got one of them to eventually replace either my boss gx700 or sx700, haven't made up my mind yet.

I used a boss GT6 for years, by itself!!  Was before I got into the rack stuff.  Then I got the GT8, but never got round to implementing that.  I love the GT6's metal amp model, no speaker sim, and an OD block boosting it.

I'm sure the GT100 has come leaps and bounds since that man.  You have so much gear  :lol:

Soloist:
I am thinking of selling the JMP1 and the GSP1101 and grabbing the GT100. My thoughts are mostly for simplicity. Smaller rack, smaller foot print.
The gsp is good for recording and FOH, but with the Ada cabs its just not there for me .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version