ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electro-Harmonix 12VR 75W  (Read 4807 times)

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
Electro-Harmonix 12VR 75W
« on: Time Format »

NSD!    (New Speaker Day)

I need to try some other speakers.  Lately, this has been the thorn in my otherwise rosy guitar rig.  I've already been through a few different ideas, a few different cabs, even some real ingenious wiring modifications and just can't quite get to where I want it to be. 

I found these: EXH 12VR75 and for the price I just have to check them out.  There doesn't seem to be much in the way of Reviews or real comprehensive Specs online like one could find with Celestion, Eminence, etc. so it really is a shot in the dark for me.   But 2 of these were purchased and shipped to me for only $90 USD.  That's the price of just one Eminence Governor, and just more than half the price of just one Celestion V30!  (I flat refuse to ever pay nearly $600 USD for a quad of V30s. They can kiss my ass!  >:()

Now I just have to install them and see (hear) how they will perform.  I'll report back about them after I get them installed and running.  If they do the trick, then maybe I'll get another pair.

So should I just install them and let them "break in" as I go, or attempt to somehow break them in before installing? 

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Electro-Harmonix 12VR 75W
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Kim, they look like they will be fine  :dunno: , you don't know until you hear them.  I'd just install them and play them in  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Well, I installed them straight to it without any aforementioned "breaking in".    I have to say that I am familiar with the "Honeymoon Phase" in regards to trying new stuff, so my review at this time may or may not have all the merit it should.   ;)

But right away......NICE!   So much more desirable tones from my cab now with a pair of these mixed in with the other two.  I'll be sure after a few more rehearsals, but so far I think I'll be getting another pair of these very soon.  :thumb-up:     

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Cool  :whoohoo!: :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up