ADA Preamps > Original MP-1

Flashing LED and buttons unresponsive

(1/3) > >>

mrguitar:
Oh no! I was enjoying my new/old mp1 and played it for about 30 min today and now the interface seems "frozen" for lack of a better description.

I tweaked some of the midi channel setup, and then was tweaking the chorus settings on a patch. I didn't want to save anything so I tried to change presets and now the LED screen is flashing the patch number and none of the buttons seem to do anything. They still lightup during boot, but I cannot control anything on the unit. It still sounds great though, albeit I'm stuck on tube clean. Power cycling doesn't seem to help.

I ran a few searches on the forum and didn't find anything that described an easy fix. I tried to reload the factory settings and that's not even possible right now.

Anyone have any ideas?

I'll install the noise mod I just ordered in a week or so, and can swap out the tubes. Anything else I should look at? Cheers,

MarshallJMP:
try the edit button

mrguitar:
Interesting so Edit works *IF* it's the first button pressed. I can enter edit mode change anything, works perfectly. I can exit edit mode by pressing edit and/or store the preset. .....after that, no buttons works, including edit. I just reread the manual to make sure I'm not totally forgetting something totally obvious. ....If I am (wouldn't be the first time for user error) I can't figure it out.

MarshallJMP, does that tell you anything? ....man I hope I'm missing something obvious.

mrguitar:
My apologies, I just noticed there's a tech tips and support section. This thread should have been opened there. I'm still a noob, but I'll get it right next time. :)

rnolan:
Maybe try pressing the MIDI CHNL button  :dunno: , (since you were playing with it).  Pressing once should let you change the MIDI number, pressing again will save the receive chan number you selected (1-16, All (Omni) or Off) and take you back to play mode (maybe it's stuck there waiting ?).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version